Chapter 18; Jai

It was now the weekend. When looking back, I guess you could say that I had a great Australia Day. I spent it getting to know a beautiful boy better, and opening myself to new friends. I hadn’t spoken to the girl very often. They both now have jobs working at nightclubs in the city. That meant that while I was home at night, they were at work, and when I was at school they were together. Mostly, this made me upset, thinking that two of the best friends are growing closer through an opportunity I gave them and now they are leaving me out. I really didn’t think going back to school would change things so much.

After spending the day with Jai, he understood how I feel about school and only texts me in my dinner and tv time. We never really spoke about Wednesday. I guess there isn’t really anything to talk about. We spent a day together as friends.

Being a Saturday night, I felt for sure that Jai would have been out at a party or socializing with his friends, but much to my surprise, there was a message on my phone from Jai. We text each other for about half an hour before I decided I better get some dinner ready. As I looked at the half empty pantry, I decided tonight would have to be take out, and I knew straight away I wanted Nasi Goreng from the Chinese shop on the corner. Thinking about how I was going to spend the rest of my night, I decided to ask Jai over.

After not speaking any further of the ‘cuddling’ incident, I decided that we would be just friends.

‘Oi, so there is nothing in the pantry, come over for some chinese?   J’

‘Fuck yes! The boys are out and Mum has a friend over so I’ll catch the next train and be over in about half an hour!’

‘Sure you don’t want me to come and get you love?’

‘Naaa. You go and organize the dinner and I will pick us some dessert. See you soon babe’

Babe. This is where I get confused. I call him love, but I call everybody love. I guess it is just my personality and how I genuinely care for everyone, and babe definitely is a different pet name in comparison to love. I am definitely over thinking this situation. Which is what I always do, and I still wonder if Jai has ever found out about me and Beau, not that he should care because we are only friends. We are only friends right? Ahhh. I really must stop doing this to myself.

With the Chinese shop on speed dial, I place the order, which will be ready in 20. I race to the bathroom to get changed and then remember, we are only friends. If it were the girls coming over I would stay how I am; one teaspoons and a singlet, hair straightened from shopping today hanging in a middle part, and left over makeup.

Deciding not to change how I look, I grab my wallet and head down to pick up the Chinese and wonder what Jai is bringing for desert.

As I am walking out of the chinese shop, I see tram 82 in the distance, which is the tram from the city to south bank. Jai would have gotten a train from Broadmeadow Station to Flinders Street station and then the tram.

I took a seat at the stop and waited for Jai to step of, and sure enough he did, he this beanie and tote bag. Tote bag, makes me giggle. We greeted each other with a friendly hug, but it didn’t feel to friendly to me. His hand travelled from the top of my back down to my arse. Not taking any notice of it, we started to walk up to the apartment and into the lift.

Entering my apartment, we were talking about how they end of our week had been and the plans for the next weekend. As we continued having a general conversation, I plated up dinner while he stuck dessert in the fridge.

‘You know what Ell, it is really weird that you live on your own but I really like it. Most girls parents wouldn’t even let  their daughter have a guy over or if they did, we would be in the loungeroom with them watching us like a hawk. I am glad we have become close friends’

There, he said it. Close friends. We were finally labeled.

Ignoring what he had just said, I politely thanked him and returned the feeking of thankfulness. He had even bought a bottle of wine for us to share over dinner. Taking a sip I reminded him that if I drank this I couldn’t take him home, which he though was fine because he had planned to stay the night anyway. Sure Jai, just invite yourself. Not that I was complaining.

Before we knew it, dinner was finished and so was the bottle of wine. We were both tipsy as Jai cleared our plates and brought over dessert. Half a lemon meringue pie, which as one of my favorites. Before we started eating I jumped up and grabbed a bottle of Champagne out of the fridge.

As we continued to spend time together, I began to realize I liked Jai. With the alcohol in my system, I decided it would be a great idea to go for a swim. Even though it was 11:30pm. The pool was indoor and had a spa as well so it would be fine.

As we made our way down to like 55th floor, he grabbed me from behind and was tickling me as we began flirting again and the fun side of Jai was released once again.

The pool was warm and the perfect temperature as we both slid into the crystal clear water. Both in our underwear. It’s not like I hadn’t seen a guy in his underwear before but I just felt different looking at Jai.

Before I knew it, we were within centimeters of each other. I had my legs wrapped around his waist as his arms supported under my arse.  Our foreheads were touching as he slowly spun me around.

It was word vomit again. I couldn’t control it.

‘Jai, I hace hookedup with Beau’ I said breaking the moment.

‘You WHAT!’ he stuttered.

Hello lovlies! Almost 3000 reads. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU. 

How do you guys recon Jai is going to react?!

Please comment ideas and suggestions below.

3 comments or 50 reads and the next chapter will go up!        xo