Imagine if you didn't love him

The words catch in the back of your throat, you can't breathe, eyelids blink quickly as you try to think of something to say.

"What?"

"I love you."

Realisation hits in and tears start to prick at your eyes. "I'm sorry I've got to go." You say, running away from Steve and locking your bedroom door. Sliding down the window you press your shaking hands to your aching heart and silently scream to yourself.

Ten minutes later your face is streaked with mascara and you hear voices outside the door.

"Tony, why does her door have a lock?"

"Because she asked and I just presumed..."

"Can't you just blow it up or something."

"It's stronger than that, I can't just shoot a missile at it. What did you do anyway?"

"GO AWAY!" you shout, throwing your hairbrush at the door so it hits it with a sharp crack.

Their bickering subsides as they walk away and you pick up the closest book, flipping it to a random page, trying desperately to drown out the pain somehow. 

Upon hearing the door unlock slowly you quickly try to wipe the tears off your face, well aware all you were doing was smudging in the stains.

"I thought I told you to go away." 

"Calm, it is just me." you look up to see Wanda in the doorway with a string of red smoke weaving around her fingers. "I heard you were sad, why."

"Steve said he loved me." you say bluntly and Wanda tilts your head to look at her.

"And you love him, no?"

"No, I don't."

"Then what is the problem?"

"I don't want to hurt his feelings, he's so sweet and he doesn't deserve that."

"Maybe I can plant something in his head, make him forget." 

You chuckle, "I'm pretty sure that violates some of his rules or something."

"There is the smile I love." she says and goes kiss you on your forehead, that is until you quickly tilt your head and let her lips touch yours.

Smiling she pulls away until you remember something. "Wait, aren't there cameras in here?" you said worriedly but she gestures to the corner of your room.

"I dealt with that as soon as I got here." you follow her finger and see a shattered camera and smile and she pulls you two back together.