The Next Day This Happened

Josephine was excited when she woke up the next morning, to see Dagur, to learn more about their tribe. And hopefully to talk to Heather later. She got out of bed, got dressed, and went outside. The cold morning air greeted her and for once she found it refreshing. Toothless flew overhead with Hiccup on his back and Stormfly with Astrid right by his side. She waved at Astrid.

Astrid noticed and turned to Hiccup who smiled at her and veered towards her house.

Toothless landed first, of course, and Hiccup got off to greet her. "Hey Josephine, it's been a while." He hugged her. "How's your stay been so far? How's Obsidian?"

Josephine smiled. "It's been amazing, Hiccup, you guys have really outdone yourselves. However, there was one thing I wanted to discuss with you. There was an attack last night, I sent Obsidian to check it out since my foot was sprained, and he returned, but I just wanted to make sure no one got hurt."

Astrid landed next. "Far from it, one of the Berserkers visiting was ambushed by a singetail pack, but Obsidian stepped in and stopped them before they could do any damage to the traveler and his two dragons."

Hiccup rolled his eyes. "Must you be so vague? He is my brother, you know, he's not just some random, ordinary Berserker passing through."

Josephine's heart stopped for a brief moment. Not a random ordinary berserker passing through? Could it be that last night, Obsidian had saved Dagur's life?! And had she not sent him, would her chief and crush have been killed? "So Obsidian's a hero?"

Astrid nodded. "You both are. We all know Obsidian only listens to you, he's loyal to you, he loves you. Had you not sent him, well, the rider and his dragons would have all perished."

Her eyes went wide.

Hiccup interrupted her. "Have you met Dagur, yet? He's always excited to make new friends these days, if he doesn't overwhelm them or scare them off first."

Josephine nodded, not really fully paying attention. "These days?" "Overwhelm them or scare them off?" Then Dagur's own words came back to her. "You heard about me, huh? I was hoping you hadn't." And then, clear as a bell. "Don't be afraid, I'm not like that anymore." Her mind wandered, he was obviously a great man, and she would love him regardless but several questions nagged at her. What did Dagur do? Who did he used to be to give him this image?

Astrid was staring at her. "Are you alright, Josephine?"

Josephine shook her head to focus herself on reality. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm great, even. So uh...where is Dagur now?"

"Funny you ask, we're just going to find him now. Want to come with us?" Hiccup asked her.

"Obsidian's still sleeping, he needs rest after such an electrical surge. He won't be up for a while, even with how much he's loyal to me."

Toothless gave a gummy smile and rubbed against Hiccup's arm, then gestured toward her.

Hiccup laughed. "Toothless wouldn't mind giving you a ride there, if you're up for it."

Josephine slowly approached Toothless and kneeled before him respectfully. "Thank you," and she petted behind his ear, he purred, she knew Toothless remembered her from the first time they met her. He then bent down to let her on, but as she did, the sound of a battle was happening, but not with Dragons, with swords and axes. "Hiccup! Hurry!" Josephine shouted.

Hiccup got on Toothless and they flew off toward the sound with Astrid close behind, it didn't take them long to notice the fleet of ships in dock at the edge.