The Newcomer (part 1)

I'm giving Josephine a break from being the star of the chapter, this is in Dagur's point of view. Enjoy.

The morning came and Dagur rose from his bed to find Heather and Josephine chatting in the doorway. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and tilted his head at the two. "Morning."

Heather looked to him and smiled. "Morning tiger."

"That's Berserker to you." He replied earning a giggle from Josephine.

Heather just rolled her eyes. "Me and Josephine were just discussing taking a girl's day out with Ruffnut, you mind?"

"Today?" Dagur questioned.

Heather nodded. "You'd be spending the day with Hiccup."

Dagur brightened. "No, I don't mind. Have fun." Just then, as the girls left a terror mail came for him. He took the letter, petted the terrible terror and gave him some food to eat while he read it.

It read: "Brother, please join me at the mainland as soon as possible. I need to discuss some things with you concerning our allies and making adjustments to them. We will be having company, but nothing a strong berserker like you couldn't handle. If you're up for it, after the business affairs are dealt with, I'd like for you to accompany me for a flight and lunch. And don't worry, it's on me. See you soon!

Your brother,

Hiccup."

Dagur looked up from the letter to write his own. His letter back mentioned how he had had a long night and that he had just woke up and would need a few minutes to freshen up. But he gave the terror the letter and sent him back to Hiccup. Then jumped out of bed to get himself ready. He was in a rush to look good for Hiccup so it really did take him a couple minutes before he mounted Sleuther and took off towards the mainland. However, as he flew, he noticed a ship with no sigil on the flag and wondered who it could be. Then as he drew closer to the mainland, he noticed a rumblehorn slumbering on the landing point. Dagur was nervous as he landed but the thought crossed his mind that they were there to discuss allies, so it would only be reasonable that his father was there.

Hiccup came up to him as he climbed of his triple stryke. "I have to admit, you never disappoint brother."

Dagur turned and gave him a smirk. "Quoting me again? Oh Hiccup, I'm flattered." He glanced over his brother's shoulder to see Stoick conversing with a new male. Dagur's eyes narrowed trying to see him better. "Uh...who's that?"

Hiccup took his arm. "I'm so glad you asked, follow me."

If Dagur didn't want to, Hiccup would've never been able to tug him along behind him, but he was curious so he moved with Hiccup towards the mysterious stranger. And as they approached he heard his name mentioned on both ends of the conversation.

Hiccup was greeted by their father and the new guy. "Dagur, this is Eret, son of Eret. Eret, this is Dagur."

Eret smiled at him. "Greetings, Chief of the Berserkers, I've heard so much about you." And he extended his hand to Dagur.

Dagur accepted it, but he immediately felt threatened by this charming new guy. "That's great, because I've never heard of you before in my life."

Hiccup smacked him on the arm, whispering "Manners!"

Eret's smile faded for just a moment upon hearing this, but he quickly put on a pleasant face again as he said. "We existed on opposite sides of the archipelago, but formerly on the same side of the war. My boss, was your boss's father."

Dagur's eyes widened. "You were a dragon hunter."

Toothless gave a low growl and Sleuther slapped his tails on the ground in disproval.

Eret nodded. "Until Hiccup showed me another way." He whistled loudly and a huge blue thunderdrum appeared from the sky.

Stoick lit up. "Thornado!"

It was indeed Thornado and he looked to Stoick with wide eyes, then bounded over to him and rubbed against his leg as Stoic bent down to pet his snout.

Stoick smiled. "It's good to see you again boy."

Eret purred. "Indeed, I found this poor fellow injured off of Raven point during my last visit to Berk, I nursed him back to help and now the sap won't leave." He chuckled. "I think the poor bloke likes me."

Hiccup laughed. "He used to belong to our father, Eret. You're lucky he was already used to Vikings, Sluether was a lot harder to train since we got rescued him from Dragon Fights run by Viggo."

Eret's smile turned to a frown. "Viggo's a horrible boss almost as much as his father, Drago was."

Dagur snapped. "Viggo wasn't my boss! He was someone I didn't kill because I needed him temporarily." He then looked guiltily away from Hiccup while also avoiding his father's eyes. "What makes you so entitled? What makes you think we're so alike?"

Eret froze. "Mate, I meant no offense."

"And yet I'm offended, you act like you know me because you heard a couple of things about me. You don't know who I am or where I came from or how I think." Dagur growled. "I heard about your lunatic boss, creating a dragon army to destroy everyone. He enslaved and killed dragons! He tortured them when they rebelled! Viggo was nuts but at least I have the privilege of saying that I didn't cower to a man who thought he could commit genocide of both Vikings and dragons just for the pure joy of it. My goal was never to help one who wanted to sit on a throne and watch the world burn. We are nothing alike!" Dagur was trembling with anger, he muscles became all strained to the point of showing his veins through the skin.

The former dragon hunter sighed. "I didn't come here to argue with you, I came here to meet with you and bond with one who I believed I could relate to. It seems I have made a mistake in accepting the invite. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the trip back for a few days now, so Hiccup with your permission, I'll be setting up camp on the far side of the island. I'd hate to be attacked by a deranged madman in my sleep, I've lived too close to cut-throats to give one any advantage point over my life."

Hiccup sighed. "Granted. Head there now, but if you can, fly over the cover of the canopy so as to stay clear of Ruffnut."

Eret gave a small chuckle upon hearing that. "Thanks for the advice, mate. I'll keep it in mind. See you blokes around."

Dagur noticed that as he left he seemed down, he had a completely different image from the smug and cocky man who stood in front of him not seconds before. He let Eret's words sink into his mind, then he sighed. "Oh Hiccup, what have I done?"

Hiccup tuned to his brother, concern written clear across his face. "What happened?"

Dagur took Hiccup by the ear and whispered something low so only he could hear. "He intimidated me."

Hiccup's eyes widened then narrowed. "You, a strong muscled chief with an armada and a dragon with fire and 3 venomous tails?! Are you serious?!"

Dagur looked saddened and embarrassed but nodded.

That ends chapter 14! Cliffhanger, I know, I'm sorry. But I hope you enjoyed it. And don't worry, I won't leave out a chapter that explains the girls day out that took place. I'm just, honestly not good at multi-tasking. See ya'll in the next chapter!