At the Waterfall

Obsidian and Sleuther flew wingtip to wingtip beside one another. And Josephine couldn't wipe the smile off his face, nor stop her cheeks from blushing bright red with nervousness.

Dagur laughed.

And it caught Josephine off guard. "What's so funny?"

"You know, never one's ever bothered to ask before. They all just think I'm nuts whenever I laugh seemingly at random, but I'm not I just...have a lot in my mind and some of it is funny." Dagur said, doing his rambling thing again.

Josephine cleared her throat.

Dagur looked at her out the corner of his eyes, knowing what he just did was awkward. "Oh yes, right, well I was just thinking how funny it would be to beat you at a race to the falls."

Josephine raised her eyebrow at him. "Are you seriously challenging a skrill to a race?"

"I don't know, maybe I'm not...maybe I am." Dagur smiled mischievously at her.

"Ohhohoho-you're on, Dagur!" Josephine said as both of them brought their dragons to a hover. "On your mark,"

"Get set," Dagur continued.

"Go!" They both yelled at the same time, and Dagur surprisingly shot ahead of her, but Josephine was not going to be beat by her lover that easily, chief or not, she would win this. "Obsidian, let's give them a run for their gold."

Obsidian growled an affirmative and roared as he fell back, shot up, and then dive-bombed right next to Dagur, turning to fly upside down so Josephine could kiss her chief, then rolled in a circle around Sleuther and shot off, lightning shooting out from behind them.

Sleuther growled and shot forward trying to catch up, while Dagur touched his hand to his lip as if making sure the kiss she'd just given him was real. Sleuther managed to reach Obsidian's left wing before he couldn't go any faster and so maintained his position. Suddenly Obsidian spiraled to turn around to face Dagur.

Josephine giggled. "I win." She said as she stood on the back of Obsidian, then walked to the edge of his wing and dived off, completing a series of flips and maneuvers before throwing the cloth to a rock on the side of the falls to keep dry and entering the water. Obsidian spiraled down to land on the beach beside the lake beneath the falls.

"Show off," Dagur noted, as Sleuther took him closer to the lake, he was close to the ground and he rolled off the dragon and into the water. "It seems your berserker tendencies are catching up with you." Dagur said. "That was really impressive." He turned to remove his cloth and wring the water out of it.

Josephine blushed again. The whole reason she accepted the challenge was to impress him, even if she lost. "Thank you, you're not so bad yourself. Sleuther's fast for his age, I mean Obsidian is fully grown since this last year, but Sleuther's nearly there."

Sleuther purred in thanks to her statement. And Obsidian approached and nuzzled him to show he was a good sport and knew Sleuther tried his best.

Dagur nodded. "He is impressive, now to get this stuff off."

Josephine agreed, it was intolerable now, she started rubbing it off, then her hands periodically to get the remnants of the fluids off her as Dagur did the same.

And Dagur decided to ask more about Josephine's gift. "So what else can you do with it?"

"My power?" Josephine responded. "Well besides potentially controlling others, if I'm in your mind, I can see what you see there and if I so wish you can see what is inside my own, other than that, I'm not sure..."