Part 14

Jack had ordered a car to take us to the airport, where we would be flying to NYC. I was relieved that I didn't have to fly the entire distance.

The car brought us to a small private airport outside the city. We got onto the plane and left Denver and the beautiful mountains. We landed at another private airport near NYC and were driven to an apartment that Jack had got for us. As we neared the apartment, we noticed that the building was surrounded.

'There are cars surrounding the apartment.' Jack sent.

'We should leave then.' I sent back.

Jack looked at me and told the driver to drive in another direction. Gav looked away from the window at me in confusion. I whispered something under my breath, and he heard it.

In a split second, Gav unfurled his wings, and pounced on the driver, making the car swerve on the road. Jack jumped on him.

Jack frantically told me to grab the wheel and I did as I was told to. Gav had knocked out the driver.

"What were you thinking?!" Jack shouted at him.

"He was whispering something under his breath. When I focused on him more, he said something about the Moderatoris. You know, the people Jack warned us about."

Jack took the wheel from me, cursing under his breath.

"We have to find a safe place. Anyone have any ideas?" Jack asked.

"We should find a place to stay for a short while and get a disguise. I have a place not far from my house." I said.

"What we should really do is read the news." Gav said, still a little shook from the driver incident.

"I think we should ditch the car; they probably have already started a search for us." Jack said, eying the unconscious driver in the rearview mirror.