Part 15

Avalon's POV:

We stopped in a parking lot off of a small town roughly a half an hour away from the city. Jack tied the driver up and removed all means of communication or tracking from the car. Then we went through the trunk. There were three diving suits, meant for the water, but we put them on because it was the only clean clothing we had. There were three goggles with night vision and binocular lenses. There were also running shoes. We looked in a small bag, and found flashlights, pocket knifes and breathers for the water. We brought the keys with us to the forest and threw them into the trees.

At a safe distance, we cut holes in the back of each other's suits for our wings to have some fresh air. We didn't know where we were going. Jack pulled out a GPS tracker on his watch and started moving forward. Around 20 minutes later, we came to a cliff facing a small lake. Gav took out his goggles and looked around the edges of the lake for human activity and I looked around the lake for any hidden caves for a temporary place to stay. Jack telepathically called out to me.

'Find anything?' He asked

'A few caves, but I did spot a few cabins on the small beach.' I responded.

'Good' he responded back.

"Guys, I saw a few people on the other side of the lake, maybe we can ask them for directions." I said out loud.

"We should hide our wings." Gav responded. 'Agreed', Jack said in my head.

Jack jumped off the cliff first, and Gav followed. Except when I jumped, I didn't hear the rumbling sound coming from behind me...

I'm trying to return to a routine updating schedule. Right now, I'm updating on Saturdays. -pegasus

 -pegasus