16

Except when I jumped, I didn't hear the rumbling sound coming from behind me...

Rocks came tumbling down from above me and knocked me out, and into the water.

Gav POV:

"Jack!", I screamed to Jack, "GET AVA!"

Jack scrambled to move to Ava and move her out of the way of the incoming rocks. I dived deeper into the water and saw that Jack was heading toward the shore. I was confused for a moment. After seeing the cabins, I had concluded that people were there. We hadn't interacted with human civilization since we were kidnapped. But making sure Ava was safe was our first priority. Once we were on shore, Jack left Ava with me while he looked for any people. I wiped off some mud and cleared her blond hair from her face.

Jack POV:

I scrambled to find anyone who could aid in helping Avalon. I quickly scanned the buildings and realized one of them had cars parked in their driveway. I knocked on their door, and a middle-aged women answered.

"Help! My sister, she hit her head, she got knocked out!", Jack panicked.

"Oh! I'm sure my husband and I will be able to help." The woman responded, surprised.

She went back into her house for a second and came back with a middle-aged man. They followed Jack to the shore, where Gav sat, cradling Ava close to him.

Gav POV:

I sensed Jack nearing us with two other people. I looked up, seeing that it was a kind-looking, middle-aged couple. They picked up Ava and started walking to a cabin.

"So, how did she hurt herself?" The man asked.

"We were practicing diving from the overhang, but she had gotten hit from a rock when she fell, causing her to black out." Jack said.

"Oh. I've never seen you kids around here before. Do you live here, or are you on a getaway?" The woman asked.

"We're kind of on a getaway" I responded. From the Moderatoris, my brain added.

"Our parents said it would be good for us to have some fresh air." Jack added, to make it sound more convincing.

"Nice! Do you have a cabin?" The man asked, stopping in front of the cabin.

"No, we didn't book one." Jack said.

"It's alright, you guys can have this one. It's cabin three, and its next to ours. If you have any problems, just ask us." The women replied warmly.