Part 18

Feeling hungry, I checked all the cabinets and found a box of cereal, near its expiration date. Tilting back my head, I shook some into my mouth.

Gav's POV

My mind was racing, and it had started to give me a headache. I had killed someone. Unlike Jack, I actually cared for human life. I didn't care if he man was working for the other side, it hadn't been my intention to bring him and his family any permanent harm.

I grabbed the clothing that Jack had bought and shut the bathroom door behind me. I needed a break from Jack. Avalon had been hit pretty hard on the head, and I hoped that Jack knew what to do. She had woken up slightly a few minutes ago, which I hoped was a good sign. I turned the shower on and hanged the clothes on a towel rack. Once I was sure the water had gotten warm enough, I started to scrub the soap all of over my body and carefully through my wings. My wings were white, and long. Since I was the tallest of the three, it made sense to have the largest wings. Gently stretching my wings out, I wringed out the soap before turned off the shower.

What would Jack do once the Alden's found out about the wings? Would they kick us out, or report us to the authorities?

Avalon's POV

I groaned, feeling the back of my head with my arm. I didn't remember anything after I had jumped off the cliff. My head seared with pain as I tried to sit up. Opening my eyes, I saw Jack sitting on the kitchen counter top. Another flash of pain went through my head, forcing me to grab my head. The sudden movement woke Jack from his daze. He ran over to the bed, and pushed me back into a lying position.

"You hit your head pretty badly after you fell from the cliff. I met the people who live here, and they gave us a cabin to live in." He said.

I started to look around frantically. Why was Jack the only one here?

"Oh Gav? Yeah, he's in the shower. He's safe." He said rolling his eyes.

'Are you okay?' Jack messaged me in my mind. Once he sent me that, another flash of pain hit me. Pulling up in a fetal position, I grabbed my head again.

"Sorry, I wanted to see if you could message me." Jack apologized, out loud.

A loud thud sounded from beyond the kitchen making me look up. Gavin walked into the room and a smile broke out onto his face. He enveloped me into a hug, transferring his heat to me.

"I missed you, Aria!" Gav said.

I was confused. Aria? Had he hit his head as well?

"It's the names Jack gave to the people who live here. I'm Jonas and Jack is Oliver." Apparently we have really cool parents who let us vacation a lot. It's a cover story, don't blow it." Gav explained. I nodded. Speaking seemed painful, and unnecessary as they were only filling me in.

"And they invited us for dinner in a few hours. So we'll have get ready." Jack said, throwing clothes at me.