neighbors // jaeden lieberher

i groaned and banged my alarm clock, the result of stopping its whining. "jae! wake up!" my mother called to me from downstairs. "i am up!" i replied. she opened my door and peered in. "hey, remember we have brunch with the
l/n's today." she stepped out. our new neighbors? i didn't want to meet them! i would probably never see them again.

i got dressed in something my mom considered "nice" and went downstairs. "hey, jaeden! you look nice." my mother said. i smiled. i went to grab the bread for toast, but my mother slapped my hand away. "brunch." she said plainly.

i tied my shoes and dusted my pants. i looked pretty nice, if i do say so myself. my mother straightened her hair and then went to mine. she moved it, tussled it, shaped it, then i smacked her hand away. "mom. it looks fine." i said, calming her down. my dad was over to the left of me, tying his tie. "dad, why are you wearing a tie?" i inquired. he glanced over at me and responded, "because." i shrugged and stood by the door.

we walked outside, and looked around. "no on-" i started, but them my mom shushed me and smiled away from me.

they're behind me, aren't they.

and they were. two lovely looking parents. the woman wore a blue dress. the guy wore a plain black shirt, and khakis. now, i'm supposing they felt under dressed. or my parents felt over dressed. "hey, mr.lieberher." the guy shook my dad's hand while my mom and the lady talked and got to know each other. "oh, please, call me sam." my dad said. "well, i'm (your dad's name)." the guy said.

he glanced down at me. "hello! you must be jaeden." he was pretty tall, so kneeled down to my height. i smiled and shook his hand. "oh, y/n is going to like you." he said. "y/n?" i tilted my head and glanced to their house, and out stepped a girl, about my age, wearing (your favorite outfit).

the mother, her name was (your mothers name), waddled over there. the girl,
y/n, smiled at her. they talked for a minute. then her mother introduced
y/n to my parents.

i couldn't stop staring at her. god, she was so pretty. "hello? jae?" my mother waved my hand in front of my face. "oh crap! was i staring? "jaeden, meet y/n." she smiled at me and i tried to smile back. "well, lets get moving!"

i opened the car door and sat down. before we left, y/n and her mom came over to us. there was muffled speech, but then i heard, "sit with jae." oh no.

her mother opened the other car door, and y/n got in. she buckled in and shot a look at me. she closed the door and we were off. it was very awkward. her hand brushed up against mine at least twice. buy i just couldn't get over how pretty she was.

___

after brunch

___

we were in the parking lot, and both
y/n and my parents were having a long conversation. y/n was kicking rocks, and i watched her kick rocks. "so." she spoke. i looked up at her face. "you gonna take a picture? it'll last longer." she said as she stood straight. "i-uh-no i was just uh-" she placed her finger on my lips. "it's fine, jae." she said.

"so." she looked into my eyes. "y-yeah?" i smiled. she laughed. "i like you, lieberher." she gave me a piece of paper and walled away with her parents.

her number.

"i'll t-text you!" i shouted after her as she got into the car. "okay, lieberher."

i like her.

___

happy birthday to jae jae the jet plane!
💖💝💗💞💓💘💘💘💕💘💓💞💞💗💝