heartbreak // finn wolfhard

we sat there, rain catching drops of water on our faces. it was seven o'clock in the morning and we take the same bus. it was late today. again.

___

i walked out of class 10 minutes after the bell. i passed faces that looked like they wanted to die.

finn looked up from his crowd of popular kids and waved. i smiled and waved back. i've had a crush on him for who knows how long. we were meeting later on at the park. i didn't know why, but seeing i'm after school i would consider as an extra-curricular activity.

___

i sat at the park bench and waited patiently for finn. he strolled up and sat a little to close for comfort. "hey, sugar." he said. "hey..." i smiled.

we talked for hours and hours, and he brought up his favorite lipgloss for some reason. it was from lush. it was called 'it started with a kiss'.

then things got serious.

he turned his body to face me. he took my hands and squeezed them. "so
y/n...i met you here to ask you...will you go to prom with me?" he smiled sheepishly. my face lit up red and i nodded vigorously. "yes! finn, yes!" i hugged him tightly. he smiled and laughed. "i'll pick you up at seven, yeah?" he asked. i smiled and nodded. i kissed his cheek before running off.

___

prom night

___

i sat there, silently criticizing myself in the short dress i was wearing. i applied my lipgloss on. his favorite. i grabbed my bag and looked at my watch. "6:58." i muttered. i stood by the window, waiting.

and waiting.

and waiting.

and waiting.

he never came.

i asked my mom to drive me. she pulled up and kissed me goodbye.

i walked into the music and people filled room. immediately i saw finn.

with another girl.

___

ooh cliffhanger (i ain't makin a part two of this just so you know)