First Time

When Olivia & I got to my place, we were both hot & bothered from the making out we had done in the car. Once we got inside the house, our hands were hurriedly getting our garments off of us. My shirt went flying as did both my shoes & Olivia's. I unzipped Olivia's dress, leaving it in a heap on the floor as we headed up to my bedroom. I didn't really want to go to my bedroom, so I led us to one of the guest rooms instead. Olivia didn't even seem confused when I pulled her into a different room. I took off my pants & pulled Olivia into the bed. She had her bra & panties on & I was still wearing my boxers as we kissed & groped, passionately. My mind was racing as we kissed, imagining what Demi would think right now. My heart started beating fast in my chest & it wasn't from desire, it was from guilt. I started to feel something in the pit of my stomach. I felt guilty. I was cheating on my wife, essentially, even if she had left me.

I pulled my lips away from Olivia's & stared at her face, breathing heavy. I didn't want to be looking at her face. For the first time in months, I was seeing & thinking clearly. I wanted to be lying here with Demi. This epiphany came over my body like a warm blanket as I laid here looking at Olivia's confused expression. I started smiling, then the smiling turned to a giddy chuckle. Olivia's forehead wrinkled & her eyebrows came together as she leaned her head back, wondering what my problem was. I leaned away from her, still laughing & smiling.

"What are you laughing at?" Olivia asked, sitting up on her side to face me.

I was staring at the ceiling, feeling a relief for the first time in I can't even tell you, how long. "It just hit me like a ton of bricks." I said in an excited tone.

"What did?"

"I'm kissing you & all I can think about is how I can't even stand you." I let out a laugh as I looked at Olivia. Her face turned angry & I put my hand up, defensively. "Okay, not like I hate you, but I don't like what you did to me & I really can't get past it." I sat up to lean on one hand. "But, then it hit me. Demi lied to me & I don't even care. You know why?" I asked her & she responded with a glare. "Because I am in love with her & want to spend the rest of my life with her. I don't even care if she's carrying Wilmer's baby." I laughed harder, shaking my head. "I am so fucking in love with her that I don't even care & I still want to be with her. I was so fucked up from being hurt by you, that I couldn't let my heart realize that it was totally & hopelessly in love with Demi. Now, kissing you has snapped me out of my inner struggle. My heart & head are like, get her the fuck out of your life & your bed once & for all." I laughed. "They finally are on the same page & that page is Demi. God. This feels so liberating." I let out a breathy laugh.

Olivia sighed, loudly, turning away from me to get out of the bed. "I'm outta here."

"Wait! Olivia." I got out of the bed & walked around to grab her arm. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been such a douche bag. I shouldn't have used you tonight, but hey... you helped me, so I am grateful. I can forgive you for what you did. I can't ever be with you again, but I can forgive you & maybe now we can really be friends."

Olivia sighed in annoyance. "I'm glad I could help. Not sure what I did, but yay me!" She opened her mouth wide in sarcasm as she moved her fists like pom poms.

I had to laugh at her. "You just made me realize that I am in love with Demi. For the first time, I can say it out loud. I am in love with Demi. I'm not cringing when I say it. I'm not breaking into a cold sweat. I can say it & mean it & know that I mean it."

"Good for you. And you can raise Wilmer's baby & live happily ever after." Olivia smirked as she grabbed one of my dress shirts off of a chair nearby to put on. I guess she didn't like standing there in her underwear while we talked.

"I would, ya know? I would raise his baby because I want to be with her. I want us to have babies of our own." I was so excited, that I was almost bouncing on my feet.

"Great. I'll see ya later, Nick. Glad I could help." She sounded annoyed as she headed to the door. I grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Don't go. You have no ride. You're drunk & it's late. Just stay here & I'll drive you home in the morning."

She rolled her eyes, sighed then headed to the bed. "Fine. Well, shut the light off when you leave. Good night." She said climbing into the bed.

"Good night." I said before I left & headed to my own bedroom. I was still smiling, feeling so anxious to go see Demi the next day. I know she probably wouldn't believe me. She'd think I was lying again when I said I was in love with her. I wouldn't give up, though, until she believed me.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt like a new man. Yea, for the first time in a long time, I was truly happy & felt good about my life & where it was headed. I got out of bed, just as Olivia came in the room.

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay. You were a little crazy last night, it kind of scared me." She laughed.

I smiled. "I'm great. Never felt better. I wasn't crazy, I finally got clarity about things. You want some breakfast before I take you home?" I asked, in an excited voice.

Olivia looked at me sideways. "As long as you're cooking."

I laughed. "I'm sure I can whip up something." I walked passed Olivia & headed downstairs. "Did you sleep okay?" I asked her as we walked down the staircase.

She laughed. "Yea. After I um... satisfied my needs since someone got me all hot & bothered."

I looked at her with my eyebrows raised & a smirk on my lips, then let out a loud laugh. "Sorry about that." I got to the bottom of the stairs & froze. Demi was standing just inside the front door, her eyes wide, her expression hurt & confused. Tears were in her eyes as she looked around the foyer. I followed her gaze & saw mine & Olivia's clothes & our shoes tossed about. Her eyes met mine again & I realized Olivia & I were both half dressed. Demi thought we had sex. "Demi!" I said in a breath as she turned to leave. I ran to her & grabbed her arm. "Wait. Listen to me. Nothing happened."

Demi snatched her arm from my grasp. "Excuse me if I don't believe you." She stomped out of the house, slamming the door behind her.

I stared at the door for a moment, then heard Olivia behind me. I knew I needed to go to Demi & make her believe me. About everything. I opened the door & when I stood on the porch, I saw her car speed down the driveway, just like it had a few weeks before. Fuck. I needed to find her. I turned around & went back in the house. Olivia's expression was sympathetic. "I need to take you home so I can go find her." I said in a quiet voice. She nodded. "I'm sorry, Liv."

"Don't be. Your cooking isn't that great anyway. I'm going to go get dressed." She turned, picked her dress up off the floor & headed upstairs.

I headed to the kitchen so I could check my sugar & as I did, I tried to call Demi. No answer. I didn't even leave her a message. I needed to say everything in person. If she'd listen.