Chapter 3. Persistent

You saw Baraqiel with 6 of his goons, they're also watching you. Shuri was terrified and she quickly hid behind you. Baraqiel saw your curse mark and started to remember you, he quickly broke a sweat, as if he realized he went on a suicide mission. But one of his goons shouted at you:

"Would you please step aside young boy?" Shouted the goon.

"Haha, you have no idea don't you? Don't worry Shuri, this'll be over soon." You smiled.

Baraqiel's goons suddenly rushed towards me. The odd thing is Baraqiel only stood there speechless, already knowing what i'm capable of. You quickly unsheathe your Masamune and slashed them once each. They died without knowing who they fought against.

Baraqiel's lip started to move "They were idiots, even a kid should've realized the mark on your hand. You're Cain (L/N) aren't you?"

"Correct, and i believe your business here is done? You should take the corpses of your allies back with you though. It'd be a shame if the shrine gets wasted like this." You said with confidence.

"You.. Dare mock me? I'll kill you Cain, and abduct Shuri from you! The last time we met, I only showed you around half of my power!" Baraqiel shouted.

Shuri quickly knew what was going to happen and was calmed a bit. Baraqiel charged at you and you quickly dispatched him as you stab him two times in the back.

"Oh? and i assume this is your full power?" You said mockingly.

"Damn...Y..ou.." Baraqiel fainted.

You were about to finish Baraqiel, when suddenly Shuri stopped you and begged for mercy.

"What is this? Why are you protecting the one who is trying to hurt you lady?" I said with a confused tone.

"This is not right Cain, it's not right to kill him." Shuri said 

"You told me that after i killed 6 of his goons...?" I said 

"This one is different, I want to take care of him." 

"You must be joking.." You were getting angrier by the second, you know that Baraqiel is a person that you can't trust, and this girl wants to protect his supposed abductor. It doesn't took you long to realize that Shuri fell in love with Baraqiel at first sight, destroying your plans to get closer with Shuri after the assignment almost immediately.

"You... Your clansmen won't accept this." I said.

"I know, i'll take responsibility" Shuri said.

You also knew that your contract with Suou is as good as gone by this point. Shuri looked persistent as she immediately treated Baraqiel. I calmed myself as i accompanied Shuri. Baraqiel woke up around 2 hours later.

"W..Where am I?" Baraqiel looked at Shuri 

"Heaven?" said Baraqiel.

"No silly, you were spared by Cain over there per my request." said Shuri

"Why would you do this to your own enemy..?" Baraiel said with a tired voice.

"I believe in second chances, you know." Shuri said.

Baraqiel was shocked and cried on the spot. This was rare, i rarely saw a devil cried but Shuri showing her kindness was just amazing.

"Shuri, what will you do after this, your clansmen will surely hunt you for this cause." I said.

"Don't worry about me, i can handle myself." answered Shuri while she was tending Baraqiel's wounds. 

There was no helping it, she really fell in love with Baraqiel. Suddenly one of the Himejima clansmen barged in. He was shocked to see a fallen angel, and i immediately subdued him.

"You two, you have my thanks.. I don't feel like doing evil deeds anymore." cried Baraqiel. Shuri wiped his tears as you only nodded.

You realized that Baraqiel has changed, you know that he was a tough nut to crack. When you first met him he was a complete prick who wouldn't even listen to what you say. Shuri completely changed him with a simple touch. That amazes you.

Baraqiel's change of heart and Shuri's kindness affected how you think, you respect both of them now. What will happen next?