Chapter 6. Choices

You woke up the next morning with Akeno already up and preparing food for you using stuffs that you already bought. You were wondering how or when did Akeno learnt to cook, so you went to her and asked:

"Wha.. What are you doing? I'm the one who supposed to prepare food for you...I'm the older guy." You asked while being half confused. You were questioning her because you particularly disliked nasty foods, which are something that a child would cook alone.

"I'm cooking silly, would you care to try some?" Akeno said smiling.

"Sure, but don't cry if i dislike it hehe." You said jokingly.

You looked to the meal she prepared, it looked delicious. You went right in and tasted it, it tasted exactly like Shuri's cooking. 

"This.. Did you learn to cook this from your mother?" You asked.

"Huh? How did you know? Well it doesn't matter, do you like it?" Akeno looked worried.

"Well of course, why wouldn't I? Did you know that I always wanted a great cook as a wife?" You said while laughing a little.

Akeno blushed heavily, she instantly thought that you were talking about her.

"Wh..what are you talking about, weren't you married before?" Akeno was seemingly embarassed.

"No, haven't found someone that special yet, I don't think i need to rush though. I'll find her someday." You said while looking at Akeno.

She blushed even more and walked away while you laughed.

Time passes and as part of your promise to Shuri, you always tried your best to protect Akeno from the world.

It lasted for a year, a lot of devils and fallen angels hunt for you. Even though you can take care of them pretty easily, Akeno was the one you're worried about. And I wasn't wrong, Dagon and Succubus came for me, as far as i know Dagon is not like those bunch of goons you fought before.

"Ah so, this is the one that Lucifer looks up to. Cain (L/N), the immortal." Dagon said to you

"You mean Sirzechs? Then he must be a bigshot." Succubus said.

"No, the original Lucifer used to have a problem with him, considered to be a threat even by him. Please proceed with caution if you want to deal with him." Dagon said.

While whey were talking, you asked Akeno to hide somewhere.

"Y..Y...You mean Lucifer Morningstar? That Lucifer is comparable to Shiva is he not? How could a mere human even pose a threat to him?" Succubus panicked.

"Hey I'm quite busy here. If you want to chat with one another then why do it here? What are you here for anyways?"

Succubus was angered and immediately attacked you. You disarmed him and quickly killed Succubus.

"Heh, I already told him to be cautious." Dagon said.

"If you don't want to be next, you're free to leave." You said.

"Hahaha, I know what you're fully capable of Cain, but I do know your weakness too." Dagon grinned at me.

Dagon looked around and found Akeno, he snatches her. You were caught off guard and now he has her.  You already thought hundreds of different scenarios in under 20 seconds, but none came up with Akeno left unharmed. You knew that Dagon is very troublesome as he is one of the elites among the demons.

"C..Cain, Help!" Akeno shouted

"This is not her fight Dagon, just you and me. Let her go now." You worried.

"Oh, you'd like that wouldn't you? I'm not as stupid as Succubus, Cain. Rest assured if you don't do as I say, she'll be ripped to shreds. Now, hand me over that orb you have." Dagon smirked.

You were surprised as Dagon knew about the existence of the orb you have in possesion, the celestial orb. The orb is used to ressurect a being, although it can only be used once. You and Dagon both agreed to exchange the orb and Akeno together. But you knew that Dagon wouldn't keep his end of the deal, so you threw the orb at Dagon at immediately cut off one of his wings. He released Akeno and you immediately caught her. Dagon ran away after he retrieved the orb.

Akeno cried and hugged you as she was so scared.

"That was a close one, Akeno. Don't cry now, you're safe." You sighed.

Dagon got what he came for, the orb. And you got a hunch that he will use it to ressurect the original Lucifer. You know that Dagon will not use it now, as you can track it when it's being activated. So you decided to hunt Dagon on your journey.

You thought it over and over, on how Akeno would be with you on that journey. You really wanted her to stay by your side. But the longer she stays with you, the more likely it is for her to get hurt, as demonstrated by that incident with Dagon.

You made up your mind. Akeno will not be with you on the hunt.

The 6th part is done. 2 days ago Wattpad server accidentally deleted part 1-5, that got me a mini heart attack and let me down for a bit. But when i checked today the story came back, and i decided to continue. I'm so relieved actually haha.