Chapter 13. Duel

You and Lucifer already exchanged some blows until you both tire out. Lucifer seemed to have the upper hand as he quickly launches another magic blast unto you. Ajuka then came in to help you. You refused the help as he will be powerless against Lucifer.

"Huh, did Dagon lose against you?" Lucifer questioned Ajuka.

"He got away and escaped, even though I felt our battle was quite short. I'm just as confused as you are, Lucifer." Ajuka replied.

"No, it's clear that he lost on purpose. He escaped so he doesn't have to take orders from me. Quite clever." Lucifer grinned.

"Tch, I see. Cain, are you having any trouble? Do you need help?" Ajuka questioned you.

"No, let me handle this. Please carry Akeno to a somewhere safe." You insisted.

"Somewhere safe? HAHA should I remind you that she's dead? It doesn't matter even if her body burns." Lucifer laughed.

You glared at Ajuka, he understood the situation and quickly followed your instructions. The battlefield now only leaves you and Lucifer alone.

"This should be fun, since I can't just kill you, I should just torture you step by step." Lucifer looked at you.

"..." You looked serious.

You immediately attacked Lucifer with your Masamune and he retaliates by activating his deadly aura. That aura is so powerful that it felt like it's pushing you in some way. You keep walking to him and slashed him until he bleeds greviously. He just smiled and stabbed you almost immediately.

 Even though you're an immortal, the pain you felt is just as bad as a normal human would. You can't move for a while and decided to take a few steps back away from Lucifer. Lucifer then tilted his head as if he was expecting that and pulled you with his magic, stabbing you again the same way. Lucifer did this pull and stab for around three times more and stopped.

You lost a lot of blood, your head felt dizzy. While Lucifer only received minor injuries. He walked to you and tried to decapitate you. Unbeknownst to him, you already put a trap beneath him while he was busy pulling and stabbing you. The trap activates and it exploded, giving Lucifer a direct hit. You got up.

He was visibly angry, he unsheathed his own sword and prepares to fight you even more seriously. Lucifer levitated and created a giant chasm beneath you, and you fell. Luckily you hung on by dragging your chakrams towards the wall. You used the chakrams to jump to the surface and dashed to Lucifer to slash him once more, this time he received major injuries.

"I didn't expect you to put this kind of a fight. I must say that I'm actually quite surprised. Sadly, this will end soon." Lucifer regained his calm nature.

He casted a spell and used telekinesis unto you. You can't move, and he lifted you to the air floating. He started to pull your arms and legs using telekinesis, causing you immense pain. You screamed and started to lose your conciousness. But you saw your sword lying on the ground, you tried to focus and also tried to use telekinesis unto your sword. You lifted and turned your sword and pierced Lucifer with it, causing him to lose focus and freeing you from his Telekinesis. 

You both fell to the ground, suffering lots of injuries. You both stood up at the same time. Grabbing your own sword while he grabbed his. 

You both looked focused and didn't talk to one another, not even a word. Both of you wanted to finish this with one strike. 

You took your stance, he took his. 

You dashed towards him while he does the same.

Both of you slashed each other, blood got splattered everywhere.

You wobbled and almost fell, you immediately used your sword to help you stand.

Lucifer laughed. You looked in terror as he was still able to laugh.

He was only laughing but not moving an inch. Probably a mental breakdown.

You enchanted a binding to him so he can't move and called for Ajuka. He came and brought Akeno's body.

"You.. actually did it, you defeated Lucifer." Ajuka was surprised.

"No...even though he's not able to fight anymore, he'll break free soon from his bindings.." You said while you took a deep breath while kneeling.

"Bring Akeno to me.." You said to Ajuka.

He gave you Akeno's body. You let her head rest on your lap like you usually would when she was little.  You stared at her and started to cry. Everyone including Rias' peerage was healed and came running to see you. They saw you, Akeno, Ajuka, and Lucifer.

"I guess this is it, time to break free from my curse.." You said.

"Cain? You don't need to do that..." Ajuka worried.

Lucifer snapped and laughed.

"Hahaa...HAHAHA....You must be joking HAHAHA." Lucifer went crazy.

"Wh..What does he mean by that Ajuka?" Rias asked.

"The mark of Cain is a curse of immortality that is given to Cain when he killed his brother. This curse can only be broken when he revives someone that he truly cares. At the cost of his own life." Ajuka explained.

Everyone gasped and Lucifer still laughed.

"Even though he always wanted to die, I believe he was waiting to revive someone that is important to him." Ajuka continued.

"That's true. I always wanted to die by breaking this curse. I didn't want to revive anyone carelessly, so I refrained from doing it. I can't revive a person I don't love anyways. This time, it's different. Akeno's still young, it's too soon for her to die. I believe that this will work on her." You said.

You performed the revival and your mark began to dissapear. 

Akeno suddenly opened her eyes slowly.

"C-Cain? Oh my... what happened?" Akeno said to you.

You looked at her once and saw her eyes. Your life slowly fades away, you smiled to her as you fell to the ground.

"Cain?... No..... (F/N) please wake up...." Akeno started calling you by your real name.

"(F/N)......." Akeno cried.

Everyone cried for you.

Lucifer broke free of the bindings effortlessly, he's not laughing anymore.