Chapter 8. Heartless

The next morning you decided to leave Akeno without telling her, after you packing up your own bags. Your mind is basically not as depressed as yesterday as you thought that Sirzech's family will take care of her anyways. But as you're about to leave, Akeno saw you.

The timing was just the worst, as you had no excuses to leave her and you're not feeling that happy either.

"C-Cain? Where are you going? Why are you packed up like that?" Akeno looked worried.

You just stood there and didn't even dare to look at her.

"Are you going to leave me? Don't do this, I'm begging you." Akeno started to cry and kneeled to the ground.

You wanted to help her up, but if you did you're never going to be able to let her go. So you started walking without saying anything. 

Akeno grabbed your foot, and you stopped again.

"Why are you doing this, is it because I'm weak? Is it because I'm just a tool for you?" Akeno questioned me.

Even though you didn't want to, you started to drag her whilst you're walking. You know that if you responded you're just gonna cry as well. 

"I have to make her hate me, otherwise she'll just keep following me." You sadly thought to yourself.

You shaked your feet and Akeno released your foot, You started walking again.

"You're just as heartless as my father, I should've expected that. All this time I thought you were very kind to me, caring for me and so on. But I was wrong wasn't I... You're an egoistic person who just doesn't want a weakling by your side aren't you?" She said while crying.

Tears just fell from your eyes, you couldn't help it. After all, you took care of Akeno all on your own. You're cursed to walk on this earth alone as an immortal, and the curse started to take effect again. You remembered days where you and Akeno spent a lot of time together as you walk.

"Does it even bother you? I'm betting that you just faked being nice to me didn't you? You're a horrible man, The Bible wasn't wrong after all. Hey you killed your own brother didn't you? Why don't you just kill me now? I know that you like killing people so much. Does it bring joy to you to hurt someone close to you? Because as far as I know, this kind of pain doesn't bring pleasure, Cain." Akeno started to get angry and sadistic.

That words from Akeno just tore apart your heart, you really wanted to prove that she was wrong. But realizing now is not the time, you braced yourself.

You wiped away your tears and replied:

"So what? A nuisance shouldn't talk to me like that." You stared at her seriously.

Akeno was visibly scared by your death stare, she seemed to be hurt by your words.

You walked again, your heart is basically shattered now. You almost couldn't hold your tears, and you started to walk faster.

"Tell me Cain, does this make you happy?" Akeno said sadly.

"Yes, you were so naive to begin with. I couldn't help but to play with your life a little." You forced an evil smirk at her.

She slapped you so hard that she made you feel worse than it already was. 

Despite that, you fake laughed to her and left her.

She finally let you leave, probably because she hates you now. 

After you walked around 4 miles, you kneeled to the ground and cried. Letting all those tears that you hold in front of her flow. You took your time, then lifted your head. Knowing that Akeno will be just fine, you sighed and continued your journey alone. You know that Akeno will grow as a fine, educated, and strong woman. As you walk, you felt that someone was following you.

All of a sudden, Sirzech revealed that he was following you all along. He admitted that he saw everything that you did to Akeno. You were very embarrassed that your face turned red.

"My oh my, I never knew that you could acually play the bad guy over here. I must admit, you were very harsh on her." Sirzech unknowingly irritated me. "Just kidding, i know that that was all an act. It just shows how much you care for her. Didn't actually expect the immortal Cain to show affection for a mere girl." Sirzech continued.

"Just promise me that you'll keep her safe, Sirzech." You looked gloom as you speak.

"Well, she'lI not be safe from men. I believe that a lot of people will chase her as she is very attractive. What will I do then?" Sirzech chuckled.

"I don't mind her getting along with boys, just not a perverted one." You said.

Sirzech nodded as he laughed and bid farewell to you, and then he teleported immediately.

You continued walking and thought about Akeno. You vowed to see Akeno again when she is older. 

And there it is, the past story is completed. There will be a timeskip after this to catch up with the present DxD timeline.