Chapter 7. Asking for help

The following week you still thought about how you were going to do this to Akeno without hurting her feelings. You wander around without Akeno and asked her to stay at the hideout.

"Do I tell her directly that she can't be with me for awhile? Do i just leave her all of a sudden? Do i need to fake my death? What to do.." 

You thought to yourself. You decided to plan things in advance, and you went to the Himejima shrine without Akeno for an attempt to make Akeno accepted again there. You met Suou Himejima, the leader of Akeno's clan and begged him to take care of Akeno.

"Suou, I didn't come here to wage war or be your enemy. But why do you despise Akeno so much?" You said.

"A child of a fallen angel will never be considered as a Himejima." He said strictly.

"Listen, you don't have to consider her as your family. Can you just take care of her? I mean she is innocent." You emphasized.

"Why don't you do it yourself? The immortal asking for help?" He said sarcastically.

"Demons are chasing me, she will get hurt if she stayed with me. I am begging you, she's just a little girl." You said.

"I hope she dies then. Besides we want to hunt Akeno and kill her ourselves." Suou said.

Your eyes widen and anger started trying to consume you. 

"You...You're lucky i'm not into killing that much. I came here to ask you to help Akeno, and instead you dare threaten me?" You stared at Suou seriously.

They were scared and prepared their stances for battle, seeing it as pointless, i left immediately.

"Well that failed miserably.. If I wanted to ask for help, I need someone who actually owes me a debt i guess, but who..?" 

You remembered that you helped Gremory House once. You rushed there and met Sirzech on the front door of the house where he resides.

"Cain, is that you? What brings you here?" Sirzech looked at you with surprise.

"I want to talk about 2 things actually, may I come in?" You looked serious.

"Of course, Rias please show this man the way." Sirzech said.

Rias guided you to Sirzech's office, and prepared coffee for both you and Sirzech.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Sirzech looked interested.

"Dagon and Succubus attacked me the other day." You said.

"Dagon? What? This is not good. Do you still have your orb?" Sirzech asked.

"I wouldn't come here if i had it. I get the feeling that he will ressurect Lucifer soon." You looked serious.

Rias looked confused, as the Lucifer she knows is sitting next to her. Sirzech immediately explained that the Lucifer they're talking about is the true Lucifer Morningstar. Sirzech understood the situation as you warned him to be careful.

"There's this other thing Sirzech, would you mind helping me with something?" You asked.

"Anything, just say it, we owe you one don't we?" Sirzech smiled.

"There's this little girl named Akeno, can I ask that she be in your care? I believe you understand that it's not safe for her to be with me now." You sighed.

"What's this? Babysitting job? Rias can take care of that, but if you want her to be under our protection, she'll be half devil and be Rias' assistant (servant)." Sirzech replied.

"Yes, I want her to be in your family's care. I don't really mind as long as you guys can keep her safe. But I want you to keep this as a secret to her, never tell this to anyone including this girl Akeno." You said.

"Why?" Rias asked.

"She'll go after me, I don't want to endanger her." You looked down as you speak.

"We understand. But it's rare to see you care for someone else. Is this girl precious to you? Is she beautiful?" Sirzech said. 

You just looked at him, you know that Sirzech is just teasing you. You bid your farewell to them and thanked them.

You came back to the hideout and brought food from the Gremory house for Akeno.

"Cain? Where were you, you were gone the whole day..." Akeno looked worried, as if she could cry at any moment.

"I just met an old friend, and I got this food for you." You gave the food to Akeno.

"What's this, oh.. It's very delicious. Yaay thanks Cain!" She hugged you while eating the food.

"Uhm, I'm exhausted, I need sleep. You go finish your food okay?" You smiled at her.

You went to your bed and looked at Akeno from your bed. Your eyes watered as if you just lost another person you love. Knowing that it's just a matter of time when you go your seperate ways with her.

Akeno suddenly appeared behind your back and hugged you. That got you even more depressed as you know that she was just a little girl.