Chapter 4. Akeno

You quickly helped Shuri and Baraqiel find a new home as it was impossible to live in the Himejima Shrine anymore. You stayed and helped them getting things done as they move to a new home and continue building their relationship. 

You didn't even care about the prize money for the assignment anymore. You just want to see Shuri happy with Baraqiel. You protected them from Himejima clansmen for a whole week. And when you see them ready to protect themselves, you bid your farewell, wishing them good luck forward.

"Thanks for everything Cain." Shuri and Baraqiel said.

"Don't mention it, i got nothing to do anyways." You said while rubbing your head. "And, Baraqiel.." you called Baraqiel.

"Yes?" Baraqiel replied

<You're a lucky one, you should protect Shuri at all cost. I'm leaving this to you, i look up to her.> You whispered to him.

"You have my word." Baraqiel said. 

You left and unbeknownst to you, Shuri heard your whisper while blushing.  Before you left Shuri gave you a ribbon that she frequently used on her hair, You don't know what she has in mind but you took it anyways and took your leave.

*timeskip 10 years*

You were still wandering around Japan living life alone. You actually quite enjoyed it, no temptations, no one's hiring you, etc. You're living the free life as you enjoyed the money you have collected in 10 years as a mercenary in your free time.

But when you ran out of money you decided it's time to wander around searching for assignments again.

But before that you went to the supermarket to buy food. (Yes Cain needs to eat even though he's an immortal.) And after you paid you quickly ran into your hideout to eat since you were very hungry.

When you ran you bumped into this little girl, whose face you could've swore seen somewhere. 

"Uhmm, sorry kid my bad ahaha." You said.

"Please watch where you're going sir. I don't like you."

This girl was starving, i can see her dying just from that poor face alone. Even though she has an attitude you decided it would be best to feed her.

"You look hungry kid, here as a token of apology would you eat this?" you said while smiling.

"Yaaaay! Thank you good man, now i like you!" she was so happy.

She looked like she was homeless so i offered her to travel with me. Which she accepted immediately. You took care of her, she doesn't look like a homeless person anymore, she was quite cute when you look at it. You took a second and think if you were a pedophile, but quickly shrugged it off as you were only helping a child who was about to die. You're the good guy here.

A week passed and you and this little girl were enjoying campfire.

"Say kid, I'm sorry i never bothered to even ask you your name. My name is Cain (L/N)."

"Like Cain from the Bible? My mother always tells stories about him." She said.

"Ahahaha don't know how to answer that. Well, is it a bad story?"

"My mother told me that Cain is a good guy, so i like the story." She said.

You and her laughed and offered her a seat at your lap.

"Your turn, what's your name?" You said.

"Akeno." She said while smiling at you.

Hehe it's fun writing these, i intend to take my time while making the story so it won't feel rushed. I promise you it will be a good story and is relevant to the canon.