Chapter 5. Nostalgia

Her smile was so heartwarming, that you remembered Enoch. Your son had the same, lovely smile, you shed tear as you remembered those old times. Akeno just looked at your face while you shed your tear.

"What's wrong Cain, you look sad.." Said Akeno while frowning

"It's the other way around actually, I'm so happy right now." You said to Akeno.

"I also never got to ask you, do you have any parents? Where are they? I can take you to them you know.." You continued.

She frowned again, and this time she cried. You panicked as if you had done something wrong. You wiped her tears and wanted to ask again. But she answered:

"My mother died killed by her own relatives, and my father... i consider him dead." said Akeno.

"Hey,hey...your mother died? That's not a very nice thing to say to your father now is it?....I'm sorry for your loss Akeno." You said while patting her head

"It's okay, really." She answered while she looked at you. You looked at her and remembered something."

Something bothers you, you began to pickup the clue. You panicked. You reached your backpack to get the ribbon Shuri gave you 10 years ago, and started to tie Akeno's long hair the way Shuri used to tie hers with her ribbon. "Wait.." You said.

"What are you doing Cain??"

When you were done you took a good look at Akeno's face and started to look at her in terror as you noticed her face was nearly identical to Shuri's.

"Akeno, do you know who Shuri Himejima is?" you said as you begin to stress out.

"Um.. Shuri Himejima? She's my mother." Akeno said cluelessly.

You were very angry but didn't displayed it in front of Akeno. Baraqiel broke your promise, and you lost someone you looked up to yet again. Losing someone you know is not a fun experience as you begin to take a deep breath. (Cain has a problem of dealing with deaths)

"What about it Cain? Did you know my mother?" Akeno looked to you.

"W..We, we're friends i guess." you said

"I..I see" Akeno said.

There was an awkward silence for more than 1 minute as you tried to get your mind straight. You and Akeno both mourned Shuri and decided that getting a rest is the best way for now.

Akeno slept at your lap while you lean against a tree. You remembered the time when you were about to leave Shuri and Baraqiel.

*flashback*

"Hey Cain, promise me you'll visit us someday." shouted Shuri.

"I don't know, but i'll try I guess, If you ever need anything you can always call me. If you need me to take care of your kid for example." You said while laughing while Shuri and Baraqiel blushed and looked at each other.

*end of flashback*

You see Akeno quivering from the cold, you took off your jacket and covered her with it. The quivering stops and you smiled.

"I can't visit you anymore now can I, Shuri? Heh, well i guess I'll take care of your kid for you. This is my promise." You said while looking at the stars as you caressed Akeno.