Chapter 9. Hunt

*Timeskip to the present timeline*

Even though you were very busy tracking down Dagon for the last few years, you still had time to watch over Akeno from afar. You are pretty much happy and relieved because Akeno blended in to the Gremory house quite well. All is good until a certain someone decided to show up, a pervert who has a disgusting mind inside of him. Sirzech told you that his name was Issei Hyoudou.

You understood the situation quite well, Sirzech can't help separating Akeno from Issei without raising any suspicion that you're still around Akeno. You can't help but to feel infuriated deep inside, seeing the one you loved the most being playful and seductive towards this Issei. You know that Akeno got that seductive side from her mother, so you can't really blame her. But what makes you mad is that you know that Issei won't hold back on exploiting it.

One time you were so fed up that you met Baraqiel (you hold no grudge against him now), and told him to at least protect her from a pervert. You told Baraqiel to confront them when they are dating (Season 3 Episode 5). And things went worse from there on.

You didn't expect Akeno to be so hateful towards his father. You knew you screwed up and made her depressed, so you followed her. And it goes through your mind that fallen angel has one effective method of releasing stress, and that's through sexual activities. After Akeno met her father, she even went as far as to ask Issei to be her sex partner to make her "forget". They were just about to make out, until you decided that's not going to happen. 

You used your magic powers to make Akeno and Issei experience flashback about Akeno's childhood. That seemed to help as it discouraged her from continuing to have sex with Issei. She even threw away her hatred for her father, and made him a meal which Baraqiel told me himself.

The next day, you continued your hunt and found a clue about Dagon's whereabouts. You followed the tracks for around a week. You found an old abandoned church and Dagon inside of it. Dagon was surprised and panicked, as he was not done commencing the ritual for Lucifer.

"Never have I expected a demon to be hiding in a church." You told Dagon.

"Well, it took you 10 years to find me. So I don't regret hiding here." Dagon calmed himself down.

"Do you mind giving my orb back to me? If you do, I will leave you alone." You said.

"What a gracious offer, but sadly I have to refuse. Lucifer will be revived, and you're here to see it." Dagon smirked at you.

Dagon enchanted the orb with his power, and the orb began to activate. Dagon then immediately attacked you, you dodged and unsheathed your Masamune. You had the upper hand initially, but Dagon eventually make you fight on equal footing. As expected of an elite-class devil. The orb began to shine, and you knew you have to finish Dagon quickly. Dagon caught you off-guard and slashed you in the chest, leaving a scar. You retaliated and slashed him too. He fell and was about to die, until the orb exploded.

The orb exploded and Lucifer was revived. You were horrified, as you realized that you failed on preventing the ressurection.

"Ah, long time no see Cain. I believe that Dagon ressurected me?" Lucifer stared at you and Dagon.

Dagon was horrified as Lucifer stared at him, prompting to make you hope that Lucifer will get rid of Dagon. As an ultimate-class devil (Dagon) and Lucifer himself will give you some serious trouble.

Lucifer laughed and healed Dagon fully. You shaked your head and thought why he will do cliche and stupid things like killing an ally in the first place. As you cauterized your wounds with your magic, Lucifer looked down on you while flying.

"Cain (L/N), the immortal. I can uplift your curse and kill you right now. Would you like me to do that?" Lucifer smirked.

"You can try, we'll see what happens." You grinned back at Lucifer.

"You've never changed since the last time we met. Haha, I'm not as stupid as that, I know that I will win if I fight now. But, since I have just awakened, I'm still rusty as you can see. You'll give me trouble." Lucifer spanned his wings and floated.

"Let's see, I can always kill the person you love the most first hehe. What was her name again, Akeno was it?" Lucifer smiled.

"W-What? How did you know about Akeno?" You were shocked.

"I know everthing, I'm the first fallen angel after all. I know all of my descendants and what they did even when I was dead. I have to say though, you really cared about her didn't you? It will be fun to see her scream in pain." Lucifer smirked.

"You touch her, I'll kill you." You stared at Lucifer.

"We'll see, farewell." Lucifer grabbed Dagon and flew away.