27

Christmas Eve. Everyone's home. Everyone's happy.
I'm happy.
Ive let go. Joey played a big part in me letting go. He showed me I could have something new. I haven't seen him since last night on the roof. Alex said he was gonna be by today. I lost the bet but havent said anything to him.
"Today we are gonna stay with the fam then everyones coming for dinner" Alex smiled and layed on my bed as I stared at the window. Secretly wishing joey would come into view.
"Fine by me"
"What's wrong cuz?"
"I lost.." I mumble avoiding his eyes
"The bet?" He asks nervously.
"Yeah last night he kissed me"
After those words left my mouth alex jumped up and ran out of the room. I was confused as I watched him walk back in a moment later with an envelope.
"Just open it" he frowns "I was gonna give it to you tonight at the exchange"
I nod and open the envelope to see two tickets to shawn mendes concert in la this summer.
"But I lost" I say confused
"I kissed selena at the fair" he mumbles looking away
"Aww does little alex have a crush on my best friend" I grin and poke his cheek.
"Hey You have a crush on mine"
"Thats complicated"
"How?"
"It just is. We hate each other then we like each other."
"That means you love each other."
"No. Get out I'm gonna get dressed" I mumble and go to change my clothes.
I wore a grey weater dress that stopped mid thigh with grey knee high boots.
Ater doing light make up and combing my hair I walk down stairs to find my family and Mikey's eating breakfast. I join them.
----------------------------------------------------
After a fun day full of games and movies along with food we are joined by all of our friends for the gift exchanged.
I sat between max and Selena in a circle on the floor.
"Ok so everyone give a gift the gift that belongs to the person on your right to them." Alex instructed as he gave his to Josiah and I gave mine to Selena.
I got her fuzzy socks and maze runner: scorch trials. The two things she likes.
Max got me a shawn mendes poster.
"Next the person to your left."
I got max a cr7 Jersey even if i dont support him.
Selena got me fuzzy socks and teen wolf season 1.
"Ok now switch seats not sitting next to the same people"
I ended up next to Alex and Mikey.
Me and Mikey are getting along now.
"Now right."
I got Alex a shirt that says "I'm not lazy I just don't want to move" and a watch so he'll stop being late.
Mikey got me a blue bear and a shawn mendes phone case.
"Left."
I got Mikey a obey hat with sunglasses.
Alex got me a shawn mendes shirt saying it goes with the ticket. Everyone but me was confused about that.
"Switch."
Last I ended up between Joey and Josiah.
"Right"
I got Josiah a book full of jokes and a shirt that had a cheesy pick up line.
I looked at Joey and he glance from the gift in his hands towards me.
"Can we go to your room?" He mumbles and I nod and follow him with his gift in my hands.
"Here"
He mumbles scratching his neck.
I open the small box to find a small rose necklace in it.
"Wow.."
"I know it's a little to much but you've mentioned how you love beauty in the beast and how on vampire diaries you love that Stephan gave her a necklace and.... Do you like it?" He rushes out eyeing me.
"Yes.. I love it Joey thank you so much." I grin and kiss his cheek not missing the blush that rose to them.
"Now for You."
I handed him the small box.
As soon as he opens it he grins.
Joey pulls out a small dog chain that has 'jerk' on the front and he tunrs it over and reads it.
"Curiosity can be a risk you sometimes dont want to take- b.c" he smiles at me.
"You have to remeber how curious you once were jerk. Its from my favorite book the bad boy and the Tom boy" I grin.
"Your the only person I'll be curious about." He grins and pulls me close.
"I think im ready to tell you." I mumble lookong into his eyes.
"You sure?" He whispers and kisses my cheek.
"Yeah."
------------------------------------------------
Thirty minutes later I had managed to tell Joey the whole story without crying. It was good to tell him. To let him know how his jerk ways helped me let go of my past.
"Wow. Now I can imagine why you dont want to be hurt again" he mumbles and pulls me closer as we lay on the bed tangled in each others arms.
"You won't hurt me will you" I ask
"Why would I ever do that"
"You just remind me of him. Since the day I met you, youve been like him."
"I wont hurt you bre"
"But now I see your different. Youve changed my point of view." I smile
"And youve change me"
"How?"
"Bre, I haven't been with another girl since I saw you at that basketball court. I havent been pushing people around. Ive been too focused on you."
"Wow."
"I like you. I don't want to let you go so no I wont hurt you. Id probably die if I ever hurt you."
"Dont say that. But I like you to Joey" I smile as he kisses me.
"We should go everyones probably think we are doing something" I sigh and stand up
"I mean I'll be fine with doing some stuff with you" he grins as we walk downstairs making me slap his chest.
All eyes are on us when we get to the bottom.
"Whats up?" I chuckle and we sit on the couch
"Where were you guys" alex asks eyes the necklace around my neck.
"We were talking about something." I shrug as alex eyes widen.
"You told him?"
"Told him what?" Selena asks confused as the others.
"Just something. It's not important anymore."
Alex got cut off by the doorbell ringing I rush to get it tired of feeling his wrath.
Opening the door I find myself face to face with my best friend.... Hayes grier.
"H-hi Bre" he gives me a nervous smile.
"Hayes? What are doing here." I ask feeling Joey and alex behind me as we stare at Hayes confuses.
"Just know i had No part in this. I just found out" he says with a sad look on his face.
"What are y-" my breath gets caught in my throat as he steps aside. I feel Alex tense also.
Standing behind hayes is the day family. But thats not what makes me freeze. Standing with them is him.
"S-sammy?" I mumble as I feel a tear fall down my cheek.
"Hi pretty girl"