Chapter Twelve

***

"So how was your sleepover?" Vic asked as we were seated.

"Pretty normal. Talked about Brian and other boys," I shrugged.

"Really? Cause Nina said that you weren't there last night. What the fuck May? I trust you. Just tell me where you were and I won't be mad," Vic glared at me. I gulped with my eyes wide. I hated lying to Vic in general. Now I had to come up with a lie on the spot? This was never going to be believable.

"I um, I met a guy at the bar when you were performing. He brought me home. We didn't do anything," I said while lightly chewing on my bottom lip like I did when I was nervous.

"What's his name? If it's Derek, I will kill you," Vic said reffering to the guy who was always drunk at the bar and always getting kicked out. I would kill myself too if I went to the bar with Derek. He could not get enough alcohol. I shook my head.

"It wasn't Derek. His name is Mike," I stopped. I didn't cover my mouth feeling like that would give it away, but I messed up. I didn't mean to say Mike. Vic raised an eyebrow at me and shook his head.

"I haven't seen a Mike there. Well, besides my brother," Vic looked at me confused. Vic had normal 'fans' that he knew the name of. The people weren't exactly fans, they just liked to get buzzed on a Friday night. They also so happen to like to tap their foot to Vic's music. That made them so called 'fans.'

"You know Josh? The mixologist? His cousin was there. He came from California for Josh's birthday which is tomorrow. We got along and he asked if I wanted to go over and watch some movies," I nodded. I wasn't sure where all these ideas were coming from considering I couldn't even lie to my mom when she asked me why I smelt like smoke. When I was in high school, I would always smoke. I got out of the habit though and would only smoke when I was feeling really down.

"Why did you sleep over?" Vic asked me.

"We got tired. Can we just order our food and finish this criminal minds episode. I don't want to be interrogated anymore," I sighed.

"Fine, but this isn't over," Vic picked up the menu and pretended to look at him even though he already knew what he was going to get. I already knew what he was going to get for god's sake.

"Why do you look at the menu?" I asked him actually curious. He got the same thing every single time we came here. There was no use in looking at the menu.

"I don't know. Why do you lie to me?" Vic set down the menu and crossed his hands interlocking his fingers.

"Viccccc," I groaned dragging out the c.

"Mayyyyyy," Vic mimicked me and grinned. I grinned too.

"Why am I even friends with you," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Cause we aren't dating," Vic answered in a 'duh' tone.

"Wow Vic, you're dating jokes just keep getting better and better," I said sacastically. Vic mimicked my sentence without saying the words.

"Hey lads," I looked up to see a young teenage boy fumbling with the papers. It must have been his first day.

"Can we get two waters please," I smiled gently. He blushed and went off.

"I didn't want water douche," Vic grumbled which ruined my good mood.

"It's his first day. I wanted to give him something easy," I rolled my eyes at Vic.

"Oh my god, I'm going to order something that isn't on the menu," Vic grinned at me evilly. I slapped him across the face. He gasped and rubbed his cheek. I laughed a little at his pain, but he deserved it. Doing that would be so evil. It would be so Vic.