Chapter Seven

***

I leaned against my bedpost and waited for a text from Vic. He was supposed to be home by now, but got stuck in traffic which bothered me a bit. I wanted to talk to him, but he wasn't picking up his phone. Jaime and Tony were both hanging out with Ally. I felt awkward if I intruded them even though they said it was fine. It was a weird feeling. I felt as if I was bothering him even though we had known each other for our entire middle school lives. I probably should have just accepted the invite, but it was to late now. I kind of wish Travis was home, but he decided to go off with Danny and record a vlog for the fans. He promised to be home for lunch, but it was only ten and I was going to be so bored until than. I wished that all my friends weren't famous or had someone else.

Nah, that was selfish. I guess I just hated being on my own. It was weird for Vic and I not to be together at a time like this. These were the times when I missed Vic the most. I missed talking to him about all my troubles and issues. He would just sit there and listen. It was the best.

I felt my phone vibrate. I grabbed it immediately to see Vic's contact name on the screen. I instantly grinned and opened the text begging that he was home.

Vic: Traffic sucks. I won't be home for another hour. Sorry May, xoxo

I groaned and threw my face in my pillow. Another hour alone. Nothing to do, but lay here. I hate being alone for a while. It wasn't like I always needed someone, but I always needed someone. It's confusing. I sighed and decided to take a nap.

***

I woke up next to Travis. His hand was on my back and he was asleep as well. I looked at the clock to see it was one in the afternoon. I grabbed my phone to see I had three missed calls from Vic and six messages. Oops. I moved Travis' hand slowly trying not to wake him. I moved off the bed and ran to the kitchen before calling Vic. It rang a few times before he picked up.

"I was sleeping," I instantly said feeling bad that I didn't pick up. I mean, I had been bothering him about how much I missed him yesterday. I heard him laugh and could tell he was shaking his head. It was just him.

"Can I come over?" He asked.

"Travis is sleeping. Might be better if I go over there," I told him.

"Ally is over. We should leave them alone. How about the park?" Vic asked.

"Sure. Do you need a ride?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Nah. I can walk. I'll see you there May," he hung up. I went into the bathroom and brushed my hair and reapplied some makeup. After tussling with my shirt and making sure my black shorts matched it, I was ready. I threw on my vans and exited the apartment. The park was only ten minutes away. 

Truthfully I was hoping to get to the park and Vic would start talking about a girl. I knew that was probably not going to happen, but it was my hope. I wanted Vic to get a girlfriend so badly. I wanted him to be happy with someone. He always claimed that he didn't mind being single, but that was bullshit. I knew Vic. He wasn't one who liked being out of a relationship. He actually loved being in a relationship. Well, in high school he did.

I reached the park and saw Vic sitting on the bench that we called 'ours' because we would always sit there and rant. Those were the best days. I sat down next to Vic and hugged him from the side. He turned and flashed me a smile.

"Hey asshole," I mumbled into his shirt. He laughed and patted my head.

"Grow up," he kissed the top of my head. I laughed and pulled away, but not for long. Before I knew it, Vic was embracing me again.

"Next time I leave for longer than a day, you are coming. Promise?" Vic pulled away. I nodded and laughed.

"Mama Fuentes misses you too. She says we have to go down there, so you can say hi," Vic laughed. I grinned and nodded. I missed mama and papa Fuentes as well. I was at their house more than my own.