Chapter Sixteen

***

I looked up from the bed to see I wasn't in Vic's room. I wasn't in the guest room either. I was in Mike's room. Shit. I didn't mean to fall asleep. God damnit, I didn't even remember falling asleep. I don't think I was drunk, but I didn't remember exiting the car. I looked at the clock to see it was already ten. Not only was I uncomfortable with waking up this late. I looked at the clock again, but nothing changed. I bit my lip and got up scared that Vic was going to call me out. I walked in the living room. Mike, Vic, Jaime, and Tony were all talking to each other on the couch. It was nice seeing Mike conversing with them.

"Hey," I looked away feeling everyone's eyes look at me. I bit my lip slightly and looked away.

"I told you," Mike pointed at me, "she isn't drunk. She wasn't drunk last night either."  Vic glared at Mike before giving me a sympathetic look. I knew I wasn't drunk and I didn't understand how they thought I was.

"Do you have a headache May? Do you need advil?" Vic strolled over to me with a frown on his face. I shook my head and raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm fine. I just slept a little later than usual," I shook my head in disappointment.

"Why were you on Mike's bed?" Vic crossed his arms at me as if it was a sin to sleep on a bed. It wasn't even bad. It's not like Mike was in the bed with me. I knew he was smarter than to let them catch us.

"Cause I'm a gentleman and couldn't stand to see her sleeping on the couch again. The couch does bad things to your neck Vic," Mike butted in. I nodded trying to remember if anything happened after Mike promised to change. I couldn't remember though.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Vic looked at me. Of course I did. I remembered that Mike completely invaded my date and now I would never see Jeremy again. I licked my lips and nodded slowly. The last thing Vic needed to know if that Mike invaded the date.

"Um, Jeremy wasn't all that. I called the house and Mike picked up. He agreed to pick me up. Jeremy persisted to drive me home, but I didn't think it was safe. Safety first, right Vic?" I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Who wants breakfast?" Hime-Time threw his hands in the air and took all attention off of me.

"I'll go get some I-Hop to go," Hime-Time grinned.

"I don't think that is a thing Jaime," Vic laughed a little.

"I'll make it a thing. So, pancakes for everyone except Tony. Come with me Maybells," Jaime motioned for me to come.

"Can I get dressed and brush my hair first," I looked down to see I was still in my clothes from last night. I was scared to look in a mirror. I probably looked like a monster. Jaime nodded so I ran into the guest room.

***

"Why did you want me to come?" I asked Jaime as we entered the car.

"I actually had to talk to you about something. I didn't want the others to hear though," Jaime said awkwardly. It was weird to see him being awkward.

"I'm not pregnant. Mike and I didn't do anything. He just picked me up and we went home. Nothing in between," I told him the truth. Well mostly the truth. He didn't exactly pick me up. He barged in and forced me to leave.

"I know that Maybell. I know you and Mike didn't do anything. He came in last night with you in his arms and left you on his bed. I saw it happen. He was whispering to himself how he can't loose you yet. I decided to call Jeremy this morning and find out the real story. Are you and Mike, doing stuff?" Jaime kept his eyes on the road. I could tell how awkward this was for him. I put my head in my hands. This was the second time someone had found out in a months period.