Chapter Twenty One

***

"Vic that looks so stupid," I groaned. Vic posed in the mirror one more time. He had a bucket hat on and was trying to look good in it. It wasn't working for him though. He looked like a fisherman. 

"Come on May," Vic smiled, "I could totally bring this back. Imagine all my little fans wearing bucket hats." I shook my head and walked off. Vic would follow me or figure out that I was going to Hot Topic. We had already stopped in Forever 21 for new jeans. They had some really nice skinny jeans. We were now in some hat store that Vic insisted we went in. I didn't see the big deal, but Vic acted like it was a big deal.

"Maybell wait up!" Vic screamed. I turned and sighed when I saw he didn't buy the bucket hat. I grabbed Vic's hand and swung it around. We were walking towards the Hot Topic. I had been shopping at this store since I could remember. 

We approached the Hot Topic and I ran to the back. I grabbed a Motionless In White shirt and a Green Day shirt. Vic was looking at the tank tops. I decided to leave him to do that and go look at some other shirts. I really wanted a new bikini and Hot Topic always had some nice ones. I grabbed the Super Woman one and ran to the back to try it on. 

"Paul," I screamed. Paul looked up from the cash register and smiled at me. He walked to the back and unlocked the door. I thanked him and went in. Paul was my favorite worker here. He always made funny jokes. 

I changed into the bikini and checked myself out. It fit perfectly and I liked it a lot. I wanted someone else to judge it though. I didn't want to look stupid and not know it. I peaked my head out of the changing room to see Vic looking at the band shirts. 

"Vic," I called. He looked up and walked over. I pulled him into the changing room. 

"Does it look okay?" I asked him. He looked at me with an open mouth. I rolled my eyes. What was he? A fifteen year old boy? 

"It looks amazing," Vic shut his mouth and looked at me. I thanked him before pushing him out of the changing room. I quickly changed before exiting the changing room. We paid and left.

"We still have an hour before the show starts. We can go eat and then window shop," Vic looked at his watch. I agreed so we walked towards the closest Chipotle. I was starving. Shopping with Vic was very tiring. He likes to make you carry everything. 

"Can I have tacos with chicken," I told the man behind the counter. Vic ordered the same exact thing. We got chips and guacamole and paid.

"We should go on a vacation to California," Vic licked his lips and told me.

"I rather go to Florida," I told Vic.

"I want to go look at houses in California though. I was thinking about moving there. The boys and I have been talking about it for a while. We think that there are better recording companies there," Vic told me. I shook my head. I wasn't ready to move. I was only nineteen.

"Vic right now isn't the right time. Mike is only eighteen and I would miss you guys too much," I took another bite of my taco.

"May, you would be coming with us. You could help us on tours and stuff," Vic told me. I shook my head once again. 

"What happens if this whole music thing doesn't work out? Then we have an overly expensive house with no way to pay the bills. To top it off, I might want to go to college. If we buy a house and then I go to college, you would have more to pay," I looked away. Vic hated the topic of college. He had went to San Diego State for a little, but dropped out. He hated it and hated any idea of me leaving him for even a week. 

"You would hate it," Vic started, but I glared at him. 

"How would you know?" I frowned. Vic always put me down on subjects like this.