Chapter One

Katy:

Emily and I were at our favorite coffee shop, Sweet Eugene's. The barista had just given us our java shakes and pastries. "Thank you!" We called to the employee.

I knelt down to tie my shoe. When I stood up, I didn't understand what happened or how it happened. I just knew that I was wet and hot. I looked down at my dip dyed t shirt, now stained with coffee.

"I'm so sorry! I'll pay for your shirt! It was an accident! I'm really sorry!" A foreign voice said. I looked up. The boy standing in front of me looked familiar.

"Hi, I'm Luke, and I'm really sorry about that. I like your shirt by the way, well before it had my coffee on it. I'm really sorry." He apologized, he was blushing and speaking fast. "It's okay, Luke,"

"No, here's my number I'll pay for your shirt to be dry cleaned or I'll wash it for you." He scribbled his number on a napkin.

Emily giggled behind me. "Uh thanks I said," and we hurried out the door.

When we got outside Emily busted out laughing. "KATY!!" "What?" "DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT WAS?!?"

"A boy named Luke?"

"LUKE HEMMINGS!! THAT WAS LUKE HEMMINGS!! THE LUKE HEMMINGS!! FROM FIVE SECONDS OF SUMMER!!" My stomach flipped. Luke Hemmings spilled coffee on me! Luke Hemmings gave me his number.

As soon as we got to the car I texted him.

"Hey, it's me, the girl you spilled coffee on."
I immediately got a reply

"Really sorry about that, maybe we can grab some coffee and I can buy you a new shirt?"

"Luke, you don't even know my name..."

"What is your name?"

"Katy."

"Well, miss Katy, would you like to grab coffee sometime and I can get you a new shirt?"

"Are you going to spill your coffee on me again?"

"Aha no, I promise I won't this time. Tomorrow at 8am?"

"That sounds good."

I put down my phone. "You're blushing," Emily teased. "He asked me to coffee and promised he wouldn't spill it on me." "You gonna say yes, or nah?" "Em, it's Luke Hemmings. Of course I'm going to say yes! There shouldn't even be an 'or nah' option!"