Chapter Seventeen

Calum:

I stretched my arms and back when I walked into the kitchen. In the corner of my eye I saw a coffee pot and decided that Emily might enjoy some hot coffee this morning before school.

While I was making some fresh coffee I could only think about last night. I don't know what came over me but I just really wanted to see her again, but I'm glad I did. Last night was great! Emily looked so cute in her pajamas and our band t-shirt. Her voice was slightly raspy and a little deeper when she first saw us last night and when she woke up this morning. She still sounded beautiful to me. I liked the way she called me Cal, like she was already comfortable around me, and when she curled up next me before she drifted off to sleep again. It just felt right. Natural.

I finished pouring the coffee into a two mugs I found in the cabinet. I picked them both up and headed back to Emily's room. "Hey Em? Are you dressed?"
"Yeah hold on!" she called back. A few seconds later the door opened and Emily walked back to her mirror.

I had no idea what else she needed to do to herself because I thought she already looked fantastic. She wore black leggings, leather combat boots, and a loose, extra long cream shirt with long sleeves. Through the mirror I could see two large crossing arrows that decorated the front of her shirt.

"Aww Cal did you make me coffee?" she asked. "Yeah I figured you would like some since you have to get up early." She turned to face me with a cute smile. I walked over to her a handed her, her mug. "Thank you." she said in a small voice. She took a sip and tried to hide the disgust but I saw it before it disappeared. She scrunched up her nose and frowned for a second and instantly regained her composure.
"What's wrong with the coffee?" I asked. I took a sip of mine before she could say anything. I probably made the same face she did. She laughed at me. Black. Seriously strong, black coffee. I was thinking about last night so much that I forgot to add any cream or sugar. "I'll be right back." I grabbed both of our mugs and headed towards the kitchen.

After fixing our coffee and watching Emily fly around the apartment searching for her laptop and backpack, we headed out the door.

"Ok so here's the plan." Emily began as we pulled away from the apartment and headed into the city. "I'm taking you to the radio station where Katy works since Luke is there. I've got to get to class then I have work and I probably wont be done till 5."
"Ok that sounds good." I replied with a smile.

Emily pressed the radio button on her dash and it lit up showing the station Z100 New York. We caught the end of Dark Horse by Katy Perry, which was soon replaced by a familiar voice.

"Good morning everyone, I hope you have had a great morning so far and if you haven't then at least you're starting your morning off right by listening to us! This next song is a little bit edgier and I hope two of my favorite listeners are up this morning to hear it." With that the all too familiar chords began to play. Katy decided to play Check Yes, Juliet for Emily and I. I looked over at Emily and she was smiling. She glanced over at me for only a second but then focused back on the traffic in front of us. This time we only hummed along, letting the lyrics sink in.

We pulled up by the station and I unbuckled my seat belt and faced Emily. "Luke and I will get Katy's window fixed this afternoon I promise."
"Thank you." she replied smiling. "I'll see you later." Told her with a wink. After giving her a quick kiss on the cheek I hopped out of the car. I turned just in time to see blush a deep red and put her hand over the cheek I had just kissed.
She looked so adorable when she was embarrassed. I turned on my heels after she drove off and headed inside the tall building.

I saw Luke sitting in the lobby in an over-stuffed lounge chair. "Hey Cal!" he said when he saw me approaching him. "Hey so what are we going to do today?" I asked. "Well we can call someone to get Katy's window fixed then I figured we could surprise the girls with a candle lit dinner!" he replied excitedly. "That sounds great! We can make spaghetti or something." Luke nodded with a smile. After texting Katy that we were leaving to get the window fixed and would see her later, we left.