Chapter Sixteen

Luke:

So, we broke Katy's window. Oops.

We spent the night in the living room and I loved every minute of it.

She was so beautiful, even with no make up, and her hair in a messy bun. She slept in a big t shirt and her underwear. It was so cute. I drew circles, and squares, and diamonds, into her hip until she fell asleep. And I must admit, I stayed up for hours after that just to watch her sleep. I couldn't get enough of her. I don't know, maybe I was supposed to spill coffee all over her shirt? Maybe it was fate? What ever it was, I was glad it happened.

I woke up when I smelled the familiar scent of coffee. I rolled over to my side and realized the girl from last night wasn't there anymore.

I sat up quickly, too quickly, I got dizzy and had to lay back down. Was last night even real? It must have been I was laying on blankets on the floor. I wasn't in our flat, I was in an apartment on the Upper Westside...

My eyes burned. It was too early. I saw a blurry girl bend down and sit next to me. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, it was Katy. She handed me a cup of coffee.

"I put milk and two sugar cubes in it, I wasn't sure how you liked it, but I tried my best, sorry if it's not what you want.." Her voice trailed off. I took a sip. The drink was warm and soothing, it sent energy and warmth to every part of my body.

"It's amazing, thank you" I smiled.

She blushed, and she must have felt her cheeks getting hot because she covered her face with her hands. She stood up to leave, but I dragged her back to the floor and into my lap.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To work" she giggled.

She turned around so that she was facing me and kissed my cheek. She crawled out of my lap and stood up. I set my coffee to the side and stood up with her.

"Let's go get dressed." I laughed. "Don't worry, I have clothes in my car."

"You and Calum, you.." Her voice trailed off... "You're something else." With that, she turned on her heels and went into her bedroom.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I laid on the floor until Katy came back dressed. She was wearing black skinny jeans, with a rip in the right knee, and a white band t shirt that read 'The Killers', she had a flannel tied around her waist, and was sporting a pair of white converse.

"Wow." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" She smirked

"Why are we up so early? It's still dark out. What time is it like 4:50?"

"It's 4:30 actually. I have work in the morning, so I have to get up really early, I'm so sorry Luke."

I liked the way my name rolled off her tongue. It was as if her body were a room, or a vessel, and she was nothing more than a host to a collection of brilliant things, this girl I met a few days ago, maybe she was the one? Sounds pretty cliché, oops.

She went into the kitchen and dug around for something in a drawer. When she found what she looking for she turned to me.

"This is for you and Calum," she said holding up a silver key. "I want that window fixed by the time Em and I get home."

I took the key and slipped it into my pocket.

"How about I take you to get some coffee and drive you to work?" I offered.

She kissed me on the cheek and walked out the door. I followed and she waited on the passenger side for me to unlock the car. I smiled "I guess that's a yes?"