Chapter 3: Kris_The Sleep Over

Recess when horribly. Kristina, girl who wanted to ask me out, tried to. She cried so loud, I kind of felt bad for her, but she's too annoying to be feeling bad for. She told me that I was a horrible person, and my hair was horrible. I felt like I was going to cry, my hair isn't bad.... I like flipping my hair. It makes me feel manly. Though, SHE ALSO INSULTED HOW I FLIP MY HAIR.  I wanted to punch her in the face - but I'm too nice. Sometimes. I just don't want to hang out with them.The losers.

Math class, the greatest subject of all. It was also my strongest area. E.L.A. is the worst subject for me. Did you know I couldn't spell Dinosaur until this year? That is how bad I am at it. I also figure out how to spell Hola. I used to spell it as: 'Whola' How embarrassing. I was always kind of jealous of how good Violet was so good at E.L.A., but I brag about how much better at Math I am than her. She is horrible at it.

"Okay students, get out your notes from yesterday!" She raised her voice so the students could hear her over the chatting kids. Our math teacher's name was Mrs. Starfruit. I think all of our teacher's name are fruits. Well, the girls at least.

I had to sit next to Clairessa during Math. The bragger of everything. She brags about how rich her father is. When in reality, he is only average. The guy in front of me, was Pit. Yeah, Pit. What an odd name? Well, no, his real name is Pitroano. No one can pronounce it, besides Violet. No one likes him anyways. The girl behind me, was Micheala. It is pronounced like Makayla, but, spelled differently. Beside me was Callie. She was one of the popular people, who I accepted. We hung out a lot. I don't hang out with many. Most people listen to me, and believe me though. So, it's cool.

I sat there in Math, Clairessa kept staring at me every five minutes. It drove me insane because I thought she was trying to get my notes, eat them, poop them out, then give them back to me. I imagined her being a big, green, hairy monster once. Well, it was my dream. She tried eating Alex, but somehow, Violet burst through a cement wall, and saved him. Like seriously, she was made of steel! She flicked my head, and it hurt, like, a lot.

"Kris, would you care giving up the answer?" Mrs. Starfruit spoke.

What sucked for me, is that I wasn't even paying attention. "Uhhh, one thousand?"

"Kris, pay attention next time." She turned back to the over head.

"Yes, Mrs. Starfruit," I said sarcastically, inside my head. I didn't dare say it out loud because I could probably get in detention. So maybe, in a cheerful voice?

"Yes, Mrs. Starfruit," I said smiling. More in a cheerful tone. She looked up at me, with an eyebrow  raised. I'm guessing she didn't like that?

"Excuse me, Mr. Rule? I do not like your tone."

"I said, YES MRS. STARFRUIT!" I could hear the students laughing. Mrs. Starfruit didn't look so pleased herself. She signaled me to wait in the hall.

Rolling my eyes, I stood up, and walked out of the classroom.

"I will be right back, now behave," she said quickly. "I mean it. If I hear any of your voices, you will get detention..." She glared at her class. She seemed about she was in her fifties. Her hair was as white as snow, and her face was as pink as... Patrick Star... She walked over to the large whiteboard mounted on the wall at the front of the classroom. She wrote "Kris R." on the whiteboard, and walked out of the classroom slowly.

"Wow, she's so old... even my grandpa is younger than her, I bet."

"I know right? I think she is out to get us all. Especially Kris. This is the third time he's gotten in trouble today." The classroom died down in their conversations as soon as she stepped back in the room. I walked behind her, keeping good distance.

Finally taking my seat next to Clairessa, she looked at me, but I didn't look at her.

For some odd reason, I can feel when people look at me. Whenever I get that feeling, someone is there. I sometimes get that feeling when I am dreaming. In fact, I get it all the time, but, no one is there when I wake up. That is what confuses me completely. Was someone watching me during my sleep? I don't know, everytime I try to stay awake to see who watches me, I always fall asleep after ten minutes laying in my bed. Well, I always had that feeling, especially when I'm home. This one time I remember my mom telling Violet and I about how we were special. We both thought that she was insane at times. I mean, every parent tells their child that so they can feel better about himself/herself. Funny thing is, they would believe that until they're OUR age. Mothers can be cruel, but, they are there for this in times we need them.. mostly. 

I should probably stop dozing off into my own world and pay attention to math class now.

. . . .

The rest of the day went smoothly; besides getting my detention. That would not count, nor will I acknowledge the fact that I did get detention. I remember Alex inviting me to a sleep over tonight. I said I would come. I mean, we don't live that far apart.

Violet and I took the same bus, obviously. What was worse is that we were the last kids to be picked up. Alex on the other hand, took the second to last bus to come. Violet and I have the weirdest conversations in the whole universe when we get along. I remember one time, we taked about how Mrs. Starfruit liked a TV show called Glee, and she loved to dance and sing to it. Everyone knew it, but it was slightly disturbing. Imagine a fifty year old woman, dancing and singing in her living room? Yeah, sketchy.

Walking casually over to Violet, still remember all of our whacky conversations. I said, "Hello, how is 'thou' doing this fine day?"

She looked at me like I was insane. "It was, alright? Hey, why was Alex staring at me during E.L.A.?" She asked.

"He likes you, is why. Just don't tell him I told you that." I whispered to her.

I could tell her face was going pink. Blushing, obviously.

"Why? I don't even like him anyways," she said as she looked forward, past me. "Look, our bus is coming. Come on, we don't want to miss our bus!" She said running closer to the road.

I noticed a strange looking boy looking at me, and then Violet. He looked so pale. I swear he was a ghost. I wanted to ask him why he was staring at us, but that would be rude. Wouldn't it?

The bus arrived, and we both boarded. So did he! I bet, he's stalking us. I looked at Violet for a moment. Then, just went to the back of the bus. Violet sat alone. I sat with the highschoolers in the way back.

That guy creeped me out, and I couldn't help but think about it the entire ride home...

When I got home, I immediately started packing. I never have homework after school because I always finish it before I get home. It is too easy. Though, this one time, Violet made fun of me because I couldn't figure out if the comma is supposed to put in this sentence. Packing my favorite shirt, pants, and.. ect. Everything packed in my backpack. Since it was Friday, I didn't have to worry about what time it is tomorrow I need to be returning home 'n stuff. I told my mom I would be going over to my friend, Alex's house. She agreed - well, not agreed but said it was okay. I kind of didn't asked.. and told me to be careful on my walk. Of course I would be, why wouldn't I? I packed some candy in my bookbag before I left. There is a bowl of candy stashed underneath the sink. My mom thinks I don't know where it is, but I sure do.

I ran out the door in a jiff. I could tell Violet was happy to have me gone because she was just dancing up in her room, listening to Usher, R. Kelly, and some other R&B crap. You could just see her in the window!

 . . .

I finally arrived to Alex's house. It was dark, and, we went outside just to watch the stars. Normally our 'watching the stars' is actually throwing rocks at each other for fun. We went to the graveyard across his house. Yea, I told him it was creepy, but, he thinks it is peaceful. Whatever works. We sat by the grave stones, and ate a bunch of candy. At one point, we were so hyper, we could've sworn we saw a red light coming from Violet's room. Though we both knew she didn't have red lights in her bedroom. So we thought, that it was 'her time of the glowing month'....

It was about 3 o' clock in the morning. We were about to go to sleep, but, I couldn't. Since I didn't bring my special pillow, I couldn't sleep. So, I did what I did best. Go back home for my pillow.