Chapter 6: Violet_Who Is The Masked Lord?

We were running. I didn't exactly know why, but we ran through the forest, stepping on twigs, jumping over logs, stepping on the crunchy leaves and leaping over small animals like frogs. We were climbing over a fallen down tree. Alex and Kris ran forward, thinking I was right behind them, but I wasn't. 

"KRIS!" I screamed.

Now I knew why we were running. My shirt had gotten stuck on a branch that had stuck out from the tree and I couldn't get out of it. The blue thing with blood red, cat like slits for eyes hovered over the forest floor, slowly moving towards me.

"Violet?" I heard Kris say. "OH MY GOD!"

I heard his foot steps dash across the ground. 

Crunch, crunch. 

I still couldn't get out, the blue ghost-like thing was close now.

Crunch, crunch.

Still stuck, it was about a foot away now...

Crunch, crunch-boom.

There was a blast of purple light, and the ghost-like thing disappeared. Disintegrated. Destroyed. There was woman with flowing dark hair and green eyes with spects of blue,  in a black jump suit pointing a gun that I had never seen before at where the ghost had been.

"Do not believe in everything you hear." She said then qucikly smirked right after. Just like that, she vanished right before my eyes with a snap of her fingers.

"Come on," said Kris, and we both managed to get me out.

Kris ran to catch up with Alex, but I stayed, dazed, looking at the woman. She put the gun down and smiled. She did a sort of saluted wave, and she vanished. I gasped.

"Violet! Come on!" Alex yelled.

I slowly turned around and began running to catch up with the boys. When I got there, they asked me what happened.

"Nothing," I said. We were now jogging.

"I heard a boom," said Alex. "that wasn't nothing."

"No, really, nothing important. All that matters is that thing is gone now, and we're safe." I told them.

We ran for a long time. We stopped about two or three times and both were about a period of thirty minutes. Then we came across a cave.

"Look, guys! We can sleep there." said Alex.

"Why a cave?" Kris asked, it sounded like he was a bit... Nervous about sleeping in a cave. 

"Why not?" I said.

Kris groaned.

We all waddled through the small stream in front of the cave and headed inside. It felt very eerie, and it was really dark. It felt like...

"Guys... We're not alone." I said.

We all stood there, scared, holding our breath. It really felt like someone was right behind me. It was a shame humans didn't have night vision.

"Let's-"

Randomly, I felt somebody's arm clasped around my neck. It was scary, especially since I didn't know who it was, and if it was Kris or Alex just messing with me, I didn't want to punch them. I screamed, Kris yelled, and Alex sounded like he just got the wind knocked out of him.

"We got 'em boss!" he said in a mad-sounding voice into the cell phone. "Got 'em!"

"Good," I heard the woman on the other end say. "bring them here."