Chapter 20: Kris_Violet's Training

I finally awakened with a headache. Each heartbeat equaled a painful throb, which I could feel in my temples. What happened? I said to myself as my blurry vision soon became clear. It was dark. Nightfall. How long have I been asleep?

"You're up!" Said Anne. She crossed her arms, and strode toward me, taking her seat on the edge of my bed, giving a emotionless stare.

"No, I'm asleep."

"Ha! Nice try, Kris," she said loudly. It hurt whenever I heard loud noises. Gosh, Anne, don't be so loud. "Anyway..." She continued, "Do you remember what happened before you blacked out?"

"Remember what? The giant?" She nodded. "Um.. Not really. Just, that I was sliding down the hill on my stomach, like an awesome penguin."

"You don't remember, huh..." She said, tearing her gaze from my eyes, and down to her twiddling thumbs. "Well, I was curious," she told me, looking back at me now. Anne looked pretty scary because of the lack of light. The moonlight trying to get inside past the curtains was the only light, which wasn't much. "Anyway," she said, and stood up, then kissed the top of my head. "Good-night. You should get some more sleep."

So, I did. Even though I didn't want to...

~~~~~

I awoke to the sound of Violet wailing at the top of her lungs:

"Hey, that's not fair! I can barely even control the stupid powers of mine! I don't even know if they're there!"

"Stop complainin', I'm trying to help!" Duke yelled back.

"Ugh!"

I pushed the cream colored covers off of myself. Sunlight gleamed from the outside, flooding the entire room with a sort of comfort. The room has a sort of strange scent. The scent of French Toast. My mouth watered; I haven't had food in days, it felt like. My stomach growled... Oh shut up, stomach. You're going to get food. I dragged myself out of the bed, and shuffled towards the vanity table. A smile spread across my face knowing that my hair was perfect in every single way, unlike Violet who has to brush it once a day. I like brushing my hair six times a day. It makes me feel sanitary. I turned towards my drawer, but tripped over the chair and stumbled forward, and out the window I went. It felt as if I were flying... For about two seconds, and I felt with a loud thud. The bush that was supposed to save me from the hurting fall, only made it worse. It felt as if a hundred tiny needles stabbed into my back. I rolled off the bushes, and looked at the two, who were laughing hysterically at me.

"K-K-" Violet tried saying my name, but couldn't. She began tearing up from laughing so hard. Okay, Violet, I'm in pain and all you do is laugh? RUDE. "Kr-K-"

"Stupid boy!" Duke laughed, his face going red from laughter.

"Jeez, thanks for the help. I'll make sure to fall out of a window again to make you two laugh!" I said, a bit angry, but at the same time, satisfied. Those idiots can't find how to get a good laugh on their own. "You two aren't as cool as me because I can laugh at my own jokes and actions."

"Oh, that's very cool, Kris! Teach me how to do that!" Violet collected her act, and began to taunt me. "I wish I could laugh at my own stupidity."

"I know, it's great." I grinned at her.

"Anyway..." Duke sighed in frustration and looked at Violet. "I think that's enough for today. I think we should head inside and get something to eat. I think it's French Toast or something. We'll discuss things at the table, rather than outside on the training ground," Duke helped me up, and I just glared at him. He's so mean and annoying and smelly and... Ugly.

Does he even ever brush his hair?