Chapter 7: Kris_On My Own

Being on my own, sucks. My hair is a mess. I have grass stains on my jeans. Did I mention my hair is a mess?

I don't have a comb, and I need to find one fast... my hair has NEVER looked this bad. I hoped no one could see my hair...

I've been traveling forever. I swear to god I saw that flaming blue creature trying to find me. Every now-and-then, I'd see him in the corner of my eye. Which made me walk faster.

"It is okay Kris, there isn't a reason in the world to be scared of that. I bet it is just my imagination," I sighed in relief, completely ignoring the fact that I KNEW it was real. To be honest, I couldn't now.... I was petrified that IT, or whatever it was might hurt me... like Violet. Well she never actually was hurt, I think.

I hate how I confuse myself.

I spent the entire day searching for food. I couldn't even find anything to eat. All of these trees here, are bare, and dark. They must be dead.

It was dark, and the sky was full of stars.

The moon was full, and there was a white transparent circle around it. What that meant, is that there was going to be a storm. I certainly wasn't ready for a storm. If one did come, all I'd have to protect myself from the storm, was a tree. A tree without leaves or anything.

If anything could be worse, I lost my comb. I nearly cried today too because if the storm hits, my hair will be worse...

. . . .

The very next day, I had to find something to eat. If I don't, my manliness will vanish, and people will think I'm anorexic or something. That is something no man can do. Besides, when I skip meals, I start seeing these weird things. Like this one time, I skipped meals for three days. I thought I was going to die, but no. I saw an apple and some fruits sitting on a rock somewhere near the river way back on my path. Don't worry, they weren't spoiled if you were thinking that.. 

Anyway, when I skipped those meals before eating of course, I could've sworn I saw Alex behind me once, or twice, and this other person. It was a guy for sure. He was wearing a black cloak, white boots for who knows what reason. I could tell he was pale too, and I just couldn't see his eyes though.

Those are good enough reasons why not to skip meals for me.

I didn't travel very far from my.. hometree. In fact, I only traveled back to Violet's Homecave. They've bound to have food. Alex always has food. If he doesn't that means he's upset or something.

No one was here. Plus, there was a pile of candy in the middle of the Homecave community place. What boggles me, is how my sister and Alex are spending NIGHTS together in the same place.

"Kris, you returned!" I knew that voice anywhere. It was, Violet.

"No, I haven't!" I said stubbornly, my back facing her, my arms crossed.

"Kris, come on, stop being so stubborn. We need you. Alex and I.. I think we need to tell you something. Something you may think is far-fetched..."

"What, like saving the world from some Alien?" I scoffed.

"How did you know?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

Wait, hold on a second. I love how I can guess and get it right, but is she kidding around with me?