Chapter 3

(Hi guys I am really happy to know that you guys really enjoyed Chapter 2 I am happy to announce that I have started another book Called The Traveller so please check it out :D

Chapter 3

Evan POV

I opened my eyes expecting to see someone but there was no one to be seen. My long hair was matted in sand and the sea water was splashing needles at my body.

The sun was barely a crack through the sky. A mix of oranges and pinks filled the early morning. I lay there for a moment longer enjoying the cold morning.

The smell of salt was in the air with a hint of rain. I was about to go back to sleep enjoying the last few moments of peace.

"EVAN!!!...EVAN" Well those few moments of peace didn't last long. I got up and ran my fingers through my ponytails feeling the sand rubbing against my skin. My head hurt just a little but not too much.

" Yes Michael" I called out as Michael approached me. "Damn Evan" he said breathlessly " Where were you all night, we tried calling your phone but you left it home. We thought something happened to you".

I just rolled my eyes " Again with the drama eh". I felt a cold breeze and looked toward the ocean. It looked peaceful but at the same time I felt sad. Sad because I felt like I was forgetting something. something really important. My mark tingled slightly but thats all it did.

Oh well. I walked home with Michael and we talked about things. When we arrived it was straight for the showers because I felt gross.

I ripped of my clothes off and slid my body into the bathtub letting the water flow I relaxed in it. I was blowing bubbles when I began to find the water very interesting. I giggled, I found myself entranced by the ripples the water made.

It was as if it was begging me to reach out for it. I took a shuddered breath as the water began to lift more and more.

The more I focused on it the more solid it got. I squinted a bit and noticed that the once hot water was ice cold. I jumped up and slipped. I grabbed onto the walls covering the spot where I touched in frost.

I panicked and almost hit my head on the floor. I calmed myself down and touched the water with my finger tips willing it to turn solid. I ran my finger across the water and thin ice covered it.

I opened my palms causing mist to roll off the palm of my hands. I felt a burst of energy and for a moment I felt complete. It was such an exhilarating feeling, I felt whole, like I could take the world down.

It all came to an abrupt stop when my mother knocked on the door " Evan, open the door". I jumped slightly as my winter wonder land melted away. I scowled and yelled back.

" No, I'm showering". I crossed my arms over my chest and stepped back into the freezing water.

" I swear Evan Riley O'Connor if you do not open this door I will smash it down." I got up and wrapped a towel around my waist. I opened the door a crack and looked at my mom.

"Yes mommy" I said while batting my eyes. " Oh jeez your going to be late for school". I stared at her for a while " So what were you going to say to me mom".

She looked at me as if the world were ending " Hurry up Evan your gonna be late" she screeched. She looked down at her watch" Crap I'm going to be late for work, see you at 2:00 in the morning".

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 8:32 am. Ah shit I'm late already. Oh well that makes the 3rd power I have since I was 12. I don't know why but every time I am near something, something always happens.