Chapter 16: Just Like Before

Chapter 16:

This is it! Finally, today has come. Everyone from our school is anticipating this event, this is one of the main events in our school. This is the day I get to see Yoongi getting his ass whooped, the start of football playoffs!

Maya and I are seated at the very front, perks of being a student council officer. Glad I still have the privileges even after what happened. We had our banners ready, fully equipped to support our boys.

The players from our team have now gathered at their shed. The game is about to start, I can't wait!

“Y/N, I don't know anything about football, can you please enlighten me on this?” Maya whispered to my ears softly.

“Oh did Jungkook not tell you the basics of football? Basically, the two teams play defense and offense alternately, the defense preventing the offense to reach their goal. If the offense reach that line over there, then boom! Touchdown.” I explained as I point towards the different points in the field.
(A/N: Please don't kill me I don't know much about football, this is as much I know from watching)

“Wow, you're really knowledgeable about this.” Maya said in awe, but still looks confused.

“Well, I used to be their manager so yeah.”

“Used to be? You quit??”

“Yeah… it's a long story.” I said and shrugged it off.

From a distance, I see Jungkook's parents talking to Namjoon and coach. I wonder what they're talking about.

The referee blew his whistle, signalled the players to position themselves. The players have stood up and made their way to the field. Our team is on the offense, Namjoon is playing as the quarterback, Jimin as the wide receiver and Taehyung as the running back- Wait do people care about this position and stuff but anyway Hoseok and Jin usually play on defense. Wait, where's Jungkook? He’s usually the running back along with Taehyung, why isn’t he out yet? Why is he seated on the bench?

“Why isn't Jungkook playing?” Maya whispered to me.

“I don't know, maybe it's coach's plan?” I replied, unsure of my answer.

This is probably his penalty for what he did the other day in the broadcast room. Namjoon probably prohibited him from playing as a consequence that's why his parents are talking to him Ha serves you right for using me.

Taehyung turned his face to the crowd like he's looking for something. He paused when he spotted me and did a peace sign. I smiled at him in response and mouthed “Go beat Yoongi's ass!”

The referee blew his whistle again, and this time indicating the start of the game. For the second time, do the readers read this stuff? I would love to narrate what's happening but it's just “Taehyung went Babush at the guy.” So I'm skipping this. (A/N: It's not like I'm lazy or anything) All we have to know is that the game has reached the third quarter and our team is losing… by a wide margin. Everyone was panting, looking all tired, especially Taehyung who hasn't scored any points because Yoongi was guarding him. Yoongi may be a jerk, but he knows how to play football. Jungkook is still seated at the bench and was itching to play. He started arguing with his coach, but he still won't let him.

“Why isn't Jungkook playing?” I hear murmurs from the crowd.

“I want to see Jungkook play!” A fangirl whined. Shut up, hoes.

“If he was playing as the running back, maybe they wouldn't be losing. Taehyung is doing a bad job as Jungkook's replacement.” Another one remarked. Taehyung? Doing a bad job? As Jungkook's replacement? That's it bitch.