five

DIEGO

"What's going on with you and Zara?" I heard Arnold ask and I shrugged, not looking up from my phone. No one said anything afterwards, which prompted me to look up. I saw Arnold and Steven staring at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I responded flatly. I didn't know how to respond, Zara and I weren't exclusive and neither of us said we were together yet. Steven laughed quietly and shook his head.

"We know you two hang out all the time," Steven said and looked up to me. I felt like he was getting angry with me, and that was another reason I didn't want to talk about Zara. I didn't know if Steven still had feelings for her.

"We've went out like two or three times," I said nonchalantly. It had been two weeks since we went to the movies together. We had went out to dinner last weekend, and it would almost be a week since I saw her last. We had been texting each other nonstop, but something would get in the way whenever we would try to hang out.

"Did y'all fuck yet?" Steven asked and I shook my head. I scoffed and looked at him funny.

"What's it matter? You guys aren't dating," I said. He shrugged and kept calm.

"I'm just asking."

"It's literally been like three weeks since I met her," I said and he held his hands up in defense.

"That's never stopped you before," Arnold said and I hit him on his shoulder as he giggled like a little girl. Steven got up and left the studio room, then going down the hallway towards the bathroom.

"You know if you hurt her, Steven will literally fucking kill you," Arnold said to me once Steven had left. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked over at him.

"What?" I asked.

"He's known her since she was a little girl. You know they used to have something for each other. That was until you came into the picture. She hasn't wanted to do anything with Steven since you two met," he said and I shrugged. I acted like I didn't care that much, but I instantly felt jealous. I wondered why Steven hadn't introduced her to me until a few weeks ago, but I now knew why. He knew this would happen.

"I don't even know what we are right now so I don't see why we're hoppin on shit right now," I said and Arnold shrugged. I felt my phone buzz in my hand and I looked down to see what the notification was.

New message from Zara:

Zara: hey, wyd tonight?

Diego: nothing really.
Why, what's up?

Zara: come sneak in my
room later so we can watch
a movie. I miss you.

Diego: I'll be there babe.
What time do you want me
to come over?

Zara: is eleven too late? I
think my dad will be asleep
by then.

Diego: perfect. I'll see you
in a little bit

Zara: when you come over
park your car a little down
the road so if my dad wakes
up he doesn't see your car.

Diego: alright, babe 💖

At five past eleven I drove by Zara's house and parked down the road. I got out and grabbed the soda and candy I bought for her. I walked to her house and went to the side where her window was. I quietly tapped on the glass and I saw Zara open the blinds to make sure it was me. She opened the window quietly and I climbed inside her room.

"Hi," she said quietly once I got inside and got the window closed again. She just had some skinny jeans and a t-shirt on. I pulled her in for a hug and we stood there for a long time. I twirled a stand of her hair in my fingers before we let go.

"I brought you some stuff," I said and I held up a plastic bag for her. She raised her eyebrows at me and looked inside the bag. She smiled once she saw the food and drinks.

"Thank you," she said and I nodded. We both laid down in her bed and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. I pulled her in close to me and she smiled, then gave me a small kiss on my jawline. She pulled her laptop over and got onto Netflix to find something to watch. We decided on a movie called 'Juno' and I have no idea what to was about, but Zara really liked it and wanted to watch it. She started the movie and we got a few minutes in before she shifted and sat up.

"Can I change before we get too comfortable?" She asked me and I nodded. I let her out of my grip and she went over to her closet and slid open the door to get a pair of pajamas out.

"Don't look," I said and I giggled. I covered my eyes until she came and sat back down on the bed. She had on some short spandex shorts and a regular t shirt.

She came back over to the bed and laid down next to me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and snuggled her head into my chest. I grabbed the blanket that was at the end of the bed and spread it out over us. We started the move back up and watched it in silence for a little while. She still had her head on my chest when I looked down to see if she was asleep. I think she sensed me looking at her because she looked up at me.

"What's up?" She asked me quietly.

"Nothing," I said and chuckled softly, "you're just really pretty."

"Don't make me blush," she whined.

In that moment I got the really sudden urge to kiss her, and I didn't know why. We kept our eyes on each other for a moment. I leaned my head down and she hesitated at first to let me kiss her. I held her chin and pulled her closer to me. She finally leaned in and kissed me back. I closed my eyes and deepened the kiss by wrapping my arm around her. She cupped my cheek in her hand.

While we made out I moved the laptop to the side of the bed and I shifted so that she could move on top of me. She got the hint and climbed onto me. I rested my hands on her waist and I held her hips softly. I bit her bottom lip gently, asking for permission to slip my tongue in her mouth. She parted her lips and I slid my tongue in. She moaned a little and I laughed.

She stayed on top of me while we kissed for a good ten minutes. When we did stop, it was hesitant. She pulled away from me and left one lingering kiss that was slowly pressed to my lips. I smiled and chuckled as I looked up at her.

"You're an angel," I said to her, which made her laugh. She gave me a small kiss before she climbed off of me and laid back down next to me. We both got under the covers and I wrapped my arms around her waist as she faced me. She closed her eyes and I placed a kiss on her forehead as she fell asleep.

-

Unedited