forty-eight

ZARA

It was my fourth week working with Collin, and I had never been more happy. I was doing photoshoots and loving every second of it. I loved the process of getting ready for a shoot, then actually getting photographed in different clothing. I was loving the results he showed me after being in a shoot all day. I was making good money too, despite still having to work at the diner part time. I mainly only worked afternoons there, though.

I was happy living with Diego too. The apartment was starting to come together more and more. We started to decorate and put our own little touches on the house. We hung up Diego's records on the wall and left room for the others he would eventually get. I put pictures of my dad and I up, along with pictures of me and Julio. It was feeling more and more like our home everyday.

"Alright, Z. I think we're just about done. Do you wanna take a look at these before we stop?" Collin asked me and I nodded silently. I walked off of the set I was shooting on and went over to his monitor that was hooked up to the camera. I stood next to him as he scrolled through the photos he just took of me. They were just going in both of our portfolios, so they were mostly just me in some summer clothes.

"I love them! They look so good," I gushed as I smiled. I truly enjoyed any of the photos he took of me.

"Good, I'm glad you like them. I think that means you're done here today," he said and smiled at me.

"Awesome, thanks," I said and smiled at him, "call me up whenever you need me?"

"Yeah, for sure. See you soon, Zara," he said and said goodbye to him. I went to the back room to gather my things and change back into my regular clothes.

I went into the bathroom and changed back into my joggers and put my cropped sweatshirt on. I grabbed my bag out of my locker. I took my keys out of my bag and exited the building through the back door that led to the tiny parking lot. I got in my car and locked it immediately. I got my phone out of my bag and didn't see any notifications. It wasn't unusual since Diego was off at the studio and couldn't text me while he was there most of the time. I sent him a quick text saying that I was finished and would see him later at home. As soon as I sent that text, I got one from María.

Mi perra 💝:
Hola bitch

BADDEST BITCH:
What tf do you want?

Mi perra 💝:
Party tonight and you better be there

BADDEST BITCH:
Fyeeee

BADDEST BITCH:
Where at?

Mi perra 💝:
West side

BADDEST BITCH:
I dont know girl

BADDEST BITCH:
Last time it didnt go too well  and
the whole place got shot up

Mi perra 💝:
It'll be fine this time, i promise

BADDEST BITCH:
I dont know yet, lemme think about it

I put down my phone and put some music on and started my drive home, which didn't take too long. It was only like a ten minute drive back home. I stopped on the way and grabbed some preña de food from the store since I was hungry but didn't feel like making anything myself.