forty-nine

ZARA

"Why you takin me out tonight? Im supposed to be doing this for you," Diego said to me as I drove and I laughed. I told him earlier today that he wasn't doing anything for me, and I was taking him out to dinner. He didn't know where though, and I knew he was gonna kill me for it when we got there.

"You do so much for me, I wanted to return the favor for you," I said and smirked slightly. He knew he was going out to dinner tonight, but he didn't know about his second surprise for the night.

"You look cute," he said to me and I looked at him briefly. He leaned up against the window and his eyes were on me. He had his arm propped up and he twirled a stand of his hair in between his fingers.

"Its nothing much," I replied, and it wasnt. I had just bought a bright red dress since it was Valentine's day, and Diego said he like the color on me. Diego hadn't dressed too special either, just throwing on jeans, a hoodie, and a beanie like usual.

We finally arrived to the restaurant I had picked out: Katsuya Hollywood. He smiled at me as I took the key out of the ignition. We both got out of the car and I held his hand as we walked to the entrance.

"Now you have to promise me one thing when we get in here, you do not look at the prices of anything on the menu. Got that?" I said as we reached the sidewalk.

"That means it's expensive," he mumbled and I laughed.

"Its your day today, let me do this for you," I said and he nodded. I placed a kiss on his cheek before opening the door, letting him in before me. We walked up to the hostess booth, my heels clicking against the stone floors.

"Hi, welcome to Katsuya Hollywood. Do you two have a reservation?" The hostess asked, more towards Diego than me.

"Yeah, should be under Leanos," I said and she nodded, clicking a few buttons on her Ipad.

"I have you right here. If you will follow me, Mrs. Leanos," she said and turned to guide us to our table. I laughed as I felt Diego's hand slip into mine again.

"I could get used to hearing you be called 'Mrs. Leanos'," he mumbled to me and I smiled widely.

"You're table is right here, your server will be with you in just a few moments," she said and motioned at our table. I thanked her and Diego pulled my chair out for me, I blushed and thanked him. We both looked at the menus on the table and opened them.

"Hello, I'm Alfred and I will be taking care of you two tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink?" Our server asked. Diego was about to say something but I stopped him.

"Can we have a bottle of the Far Niente please?" I asked and he smiled and nodded.

"Of course. I will be right out with it," he said and walked away briskly. I looked at Diego and his eyes were wide.

"Baby, no. That shit's expensive, it's like a hundred something dollars a bottle," he said and I shook my head.

"Diego, I told you not to worry about it. Trust me, I checked the prices of everything before we came. If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't have brought you here. Plus, I figured we would both have a few glasses and thought it would be better to just get the whole bottle," I said and he sighed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Don't pout at me."

"I love you," he said, which made me smile.

"I love you too," I replied.

We both looked at the menu and looked to see what we wanted. I had already looked at the menu online, so I kind of already knew what I was looking for.