twenty-seven

DIEGO

When I woke up in the morning I reached out for Zara, but I didn't find her. I slowly opened my eyes and saw she wasn't in the bed with me. I sat up and looked around, but she wasn't in the room either. I got out of bed and went out of the room and into the living room. I heard music playing quietly and saw her in the kitchen cooking.

I didn't have a chance to look at the hotel room she got for us last night, since we were busy. It was beautiful. There was an amazing view of the city and a balcony, a small kitchen and a table near it. The bedroom was connected to the living room area.

She had her back turned towards me, I stood there and watched her. She was cutting something up on a cutting board. She had nothing but a pair of panties on and a shirt that reached just above her hips. I watched as she swayed her hips slightly, moving her shoulders around as she cut whatever up.

I walked over to her quietly and slipped my hands onto her hips, under her shirt. She jumped a little bit and I kissed her neck. She turned to look at me. I kissed her gently, and she returned the kiss to me.

"Good morning, baby," I mumbled to her as she kissed me back.

"Good morning," she responded after we kissed. She looked back down to the board and continued to cut some peppers up.

What're you making?" I asked her.

"I got stuff to make omelets. I'm also making you sausage and bacon if you want," she said and I smiled at her.

"You're perfect," I said, which made her giggle slightly. I gave her one last kiss on her neck, then detached from her and stood against the wall to watch her. I watched as she continued like I wasn't even there.

Soon the omelets were done, and so were the sausage and bacon. She made me a few small pancakes quickly, putting syrup and butter on them for me. She handed me a plate with food on it, and I thanked her. She smiled and then brought her own plate to sit next to me at the bar.

I wrapped my arms around her waist as she ate. She hid her smile, but I saw the blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"I've missed you, princess," I said and she smiled.

"I missed you too," she responded, looking at me. She kissed me quickly, before going back to her food.

"I don't want you to go home," I whined. I probably sounded annoying, but I really didn't want her to leave.

"I don't either. I wish I could just stay with you guys on the bus and hang out all the time," she sighed, "Soon, though. I'm almost done with school."

"I'm excited for that," I said.

"Me too, I'll get to hang out with you way more often than I do now."

"You should just move in with me," I said. She stopped eating and raised her eyebrows at me.

"Are you being serious?" She asked me.

"Yeah. I really want you too."

"What if you stop liking me?" She asked me, but I scoffed.

"I don't think that'll happen," I said. I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her closer to me. Our lips connected and we were soon stumbling from the counter where our food sat, to the couch that wasn't far from us. I pinned her on the baby blue material under me. I kept one hand on her waist to hold her down.