eighteen

ZARA

"She should've just choked her mom out," Diego said as we watched a Lifetime movie. I laughed as I shoved more popcorn in my mouth. We had been at Diego's place all day, and changed into pajamas a little while ago since it was getting late. We had been asleep almost all day too; we had both been stressed out recently.

"Yeah, but it's a movie. They wouldn't write it that way. It's not that simple," I said and I heard him laugh.

"Im gonna use the bathroom quick," I said and pulled the blanket off of myself. I started to walk off into the hall, but Diego's voice stopped me.

"Can we go to bed after? I'm tired," he whined and I chuckled.

"Of course," I said and smiled. I went off to the bathroom. I wasn't in there for barely a minute before I heard Diego yelling something in the living room.

"Bro what the fuck," I heard him say, but I couldn't tell why. I shrugged it off and went about my business. I opened the door and saw Diego sitting on the couch, obviously angry.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. He dropped my phone in my hand and I looked down at it. I saw my text messages with Steven open. I looked back up at him.

"You were snooping on my text messages?" I asked him.

"I thought your dad was blowing up your phone so I grabbed it to see if it was him. Saw the messages from Steven saying how bad he wants to fuck you again," he said with anger. I finally looked down at what he was talking about. I saw three new text messages from Steven.

Steven:
Hey Z. I got some things
I wanna tell you. After
this I'll never say anything
about it again because I
know I've been bitchin
about it lately. Here it goes:

Steven:
I've liked you for years, and
I wanna be with you so bad.
I know you're with Diego now
and I respect that, that's why this

is the last you're hearing about
this. I've liked you ever since
we met. I always wanted to be
in a relationship with you
because we fit so well together,
but I never wanted to jeopardize
our friendship. I knew having
sex with you was risky since that
also could've ruined us, but I
dont regret it. I wish I could go
back to those times because I
miss that feeling of being with
you . If I knew it wouldn't affect anything, I would've swooped you up in a heartbeat. I'm always gonna remember the moments
we did have together.

Steven:
I don't want anything
to change between us. I hope
we're all good after this, I just really needed to tell you. You

don't even have to respond to
this. I'm sorry, I just had to say
it before I lost my mind over you.

"Oh my god," I mumbled to myself, confused and stunned to as why Steven had said these things to me. I had no idea why he would even tell me something like that. Especially since I was with Diego now.

"Why's he saying shit like that to you?" He asked me.

"I have no idea. I literally have not a clue in my mind as to why he would tell me things like that, especially when I made it clear to him that I was not interested in him that way," I told him.

"This is some bullshit," Diego said and and got up. I was confused as I watched him angrily walk to his room.

"Diego," I yelled and got no answer. I went over and walked to his room.