twenty-four

ZARA

I felt my shoulder being shaken, pulling me out of my deep sleep. I opened my eyes slowly and rolled over to see who had been shaking me to wake up. I turned over and saw Diego sitting on my bed. I furrowed my eyebrows and he smiled at me. I was confused as to why he was here, but then I remembered he was leaving this morning.

"Hey, D," I said groggily and rubbed my eyes. He smiled and set his hand on my hip, rubbing my skin softly with his thumb.

"Hi, baby," he said quietly. I smiled at him, but I was still sad he was leaving today.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"Like four in the morning," he said and I groaned. He smiled at me as I sat up and my hair fell down when I let my hair down.

"I assume you're leaving soon?" I asked and he nodded, "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too," he said and pulled me in for a hug. I laughed and smiled as he tried to give me small kisses on my cheek and down my neck.

"Are you guys all ready to go?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, last thing to do was come over and see you," he said and I awed at him. I turned his head towards mine and gave him a soft kiss.

"You're making this hard on me," Diego said quietly as I kissed him. I laughed and smiled.

"You're telling me," I said as I continued to place kisses on his face, "you get to go do fun shit and I'm stuck here."

"You'll have Arnold to hang out with," he said and I nodded.

"He's the only good thing around without you and Steven here," I said.

"You don't like it here?" Diego asked me. I shrugged.

"It's boring. I wanna go to Hollywood to be a model. I can't do that here," I said and he nodded.

"You don't wanna work with kids anymore?" He asked me.

"I do, but if I could just pick just one I would be a model. Plus I didn't want to be the girl to tell your parents 'I'm gonna be a big shot model'," I said and he started to laugh.

"We'll make it happen when I get back," he said.

"I've gotta graduate first."

"Then after that," he said. I smiled again.

We sat in my bed for a little while longer talking. We never seemed to run out of things to talk about, which was something I loved. He looked at the time and sighed.

"You've gotta go?" I asked and he nodded silently. I didn't want to cry, because I didn't want to be that clingy girlfriend, but I was really fucking sad. He noticed how sad I was and hugged me tightly.

"It's gonna be okay. Only two months and then I'll be back," he said as he rubbed my back. I wiped a tear that escaped my eye and he looked at me.

"Don't cry, baby," he said and hugged me again.

"I'm not. Im not a pussy," I said, which made him laugh.

He looked to me and once I looked back, he immediately kissed me. I smiled and kissed back softly. He was gentle with me, which made my heart flutter.

"You should go back to bed," he said and I nodded. I got back under the covers, and Diego pulled them over me. He then spread my blanket over top of my comforter. I smiled at him.

"Go back to sleep, baby girl," he cooed and I nodded. He went to leave my room, but waved to me when he got out the door.

"Bye, D. I hope you have fun," I said quietly.