twenty-nine

ZARA

"Zara! Wake up!" I heard and my head jolted up in alarm. I saw María standing beside my bed, and I was very confused as to why she was at my house this early.

"What? It's too early for this. I just got home yesterday," I groaned. I tried to lay down and go back to sleep, but María wouldnt let me.

"No, it's not. Ive got something to tell you," she said, more seriously. I furrowed my eyebrows and sat back up fully. María sat down next to me and got on her phone.

"What's this about?" I asked, still irritated.

"Diego and Tana," she said, and my stomach fell through my ass when she did. I was nervous now. I trusted Diego, but when she said things like that it made me scared they did something together.

"What happened?" I asked. She was silent for a minute before showing me her phone.

"Tana's icloud got hacked and someone leaked their conversations. Tana got her underwear shots to him leaked."

I looked at their text message conversation, a picture of Tana's ass, and a video of the same thing. I immediately felt sick to my stomach and gave María her phone back.

"Are they recent pictures?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know," she said, sympathy in her voice. I reached for my phone, which was sitting on my bedside table. I checked and there was nothing from Diego, but messages from friends with the same info that María just gave me.

It was six here, that means it was nine on the east coast. I called Diego, thinking he would be up by now. It rung, but he didn't pick up.

"Try Steve," María said and I nodded. I went to Steven's contact and called him. It didn't ring many times before he answered. I put it on speaker phone so María could hear.

"Why you calling me so early? Go back to sleep," he said and laughed. I didn't.

"Is Diego awake?" I asked.

"No, why? What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm with María. She came over and told me that Tana's icloud got hacked. Someone put screenshots of her's and Diego's texts. There's also nudes she sent him on there."

Steven was silent after I said that. I could imagine him thinking of what to do right now.

"Okay, uhm," he stuttered, "I'm gonna go wake him."

"Okay," I said. I could hear him walking.

"Diego," I heard Steven say, then a groan from Diego. I smiled at that momentarily.

"What?" Diego asked, grumpy.

"Get your big head up. Zara's gotta talk to you," Steven said. I heard shuffling and a groggy Diego talk next.

"Hello?" He asked and I could tell he had been in a deep sleep. I smiled slightly. It had only been a week since I visited him last and I was missing him terribly again.

"Hey, D. It's me. I'm with María," I said softly. I didn't want to just start yelling at him when he just woke up. There was no reason to yell anyways— it wouldn't have solved anything.