Chapter 3: Caring For Yugi

Yami was downstairs talking to Solomon who had also broken down in happy tears that the young Pharaoh had returned to them. Yugi had fallen asleep after the two of them had finished eating so Yami carried him back to the game shop and up to his room tidying up then tucking him in to let him sleep. A lot of people gave him strange looks as he walked through the streets of Domino though and he could only guess that it was because he was fully dressed and ready for ancient Egypt not this century or city.

After finally escaping Solomon he walked back up to Yugi's room and pulled some clothes out of the wardrobe knowing he wouldn't mind too much if the Pharaoh borrowed them until he could get his own clothes. He walked to the bathroom to change then walked into the spare bedroom to put his old clothes there. He walked back through to Yugi's room and knelt down beside his bed smiling at his peaceful sleeping face, he used to enjoy this sight every night when he was still inside of the puzzle.

Just seeing his little aibou asleep, his chest raising and falling in a timely manner it was such a calming and cute sight that Atem couldn't help but kiss Yugi's forehead before standing up ''sleep well my little aibou'' he whispered as he walked back to the spare room and started to tidy it up and decorating it to be a little more his style. He put up posters of his favourite dual monsters and of Egypt that he found laying around he dusted off the desk that he knew he would have to use for studying when he started going to school again. Information books on Egypt sat in the book shelve along with his own deck next to his bed on the bedside table. 

After a few hours he sighed in relief and flopped back down onto his bed he was finally done and it was almost time for dinner, he stood up and walked through to the kitchen where he started to prepare dinner since he knew that he would be put on dinner duty from here on out, he didn't mind it though he quite enjoyed being in the kitchen and cooking away for others.

After a little while he had finished preparing the dinner he left his own in the pot and left some out for Solomon he took Yugi's up to his room and knocked before entering. To his surprise Yugi was up but it didn't seem like he was long up since he still looked very tiered, Yami sat on the edge of the bed and started blowing softly at the food then held some up to Yugi.

''Before you say anything I know that you can feed yourself but I was the one who cause you to feel this way so please at least let me take care of you until your back to your old self. The happy and brave Yugi who let nothing get in the way of him no matter what it was. I'm the one who broke you so please let me be the one to fix your broken mind and soul'' Atem said with small tears in his eyes,

''I already forgive you... you came back to me after all but if you want to take care of me then I have absolutely no objections to that'' Yugi said with a small and quiet smile as he opened his mouth and took the soup into his mouth with a smile happy to accept his help because he wanted to be as close to him for as long as he could. ''Thank you for coming back Yami'' Yugi said as he finished the soup, Yami smiled and nodded his head to Yugi as he stood up. 

''Its okay I could never have stayed away forever I'll let you get back to sleep for the rest of the night Yugi'' Yami said with a smile as he walked out of the room Yugi was about to stop him but he didn't call out to him in time as he heard the bathroom door close and lock and the shower turn on. 

''*sigh* I guess I still can't find the courage to tell him my feelings after all'' Yugi said quietly as he pulled the covers off of him and walked over to the window, opening the curtains he looked up to the star filled sky and let a small smile grace his lips. ''But he came back he really came back for me and now he wants to take care of me and stay with me, I don't know if that means he feels the same way as I do but I do know that I am never going to let him go ever again'' he then said with a closed eyed smile as he pictured the Pharaoh's face in his mind and his heart started to hammer in his chest is pure love and affection for him.

''One day.... I will tell him that I love him''