Chapter 2

Credence

"Sweetie, this is Sarah from the Moonlight Walkers pack, Sarah this is my daughter, Bree," John said introducing the two of us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I replied, peering over her shoulder, "What happened?"

Sarah eyed John before continuing, "He was stabbed under his lower left rib."

My nose twitched in dismay causing my eyes to snap on him. Something wasn't right. I bent over to look more closely at his wound. There are two puncture marks that are consistent with the weapon. I closed my eyes asking my wolf for help only taking a couple seconds before she growled.

"Bree?" Father asked, raising his eyebrow, "What is it?"

"Were you able to get all of the poison out?" I asked Sarah.

"Yes -"

I eyed my father as he nodded taking a closer look at the wound. Ever since they adopted me they have been nothing but the best parents that a girl could ask for. My father would often let me watch him do his treatments when I was younger. When I got older he started teaching me.

"You're right," He mumbled, "There seems to be some poison still seeping into his organs. How did you remove the poison?"

"We used a suction vacuum, afterwards I put anti-toxin liquid into his wound, letting it sit for 30 minutes before using the vacuum again, and finally properly cleaning the wound with alcohol."

"Hmm, Bree, I want you to take this sample back to the lab and run a couple tests."

The test was pretty simple, you put it through the machine that adds different fluids to it which runs different diagnostics to determine the solution. It took a couple minutes before the machine beeped showing the results. Ah, crap, this isn't good.

I ran back frantically yet carefully putting an IV into his arm, hooking him up to the heart monitor, as I cleaned his wound once more.

"Father," I started, my eyebrows scrunched together, "I need diazepam and epinephrine!" Without hesitation he went and retrieved them handing me the just the right amount. I grabbed my equipment as I injected his wound with them as I checked his monitors, too much of those could also be fatal. I smiled as I cleaned up the wound and put a fresh bandage on him.

"What happened?" Sarah asked.

"He was poisoned by chloroquine, well mostly - it's usually prescribed to treat a few diseases, but others have used it to kill themselves. With too much, it can cause their heart to go into cardiac arrest - which we knew about the weapon, but without treatment, this can kill him. The person who created this 'poison' added a few other ingredients to make it work faster then the wolf is able to heal. Thankfully, you got most of it out which helped slow down the poison but I don't think he would've lasted more then two days," I replied sheepishly.

"Very well done, Bree," He beamed at me, "He should be able to recover now, properly. With repeated treatment he should be back up in a couple days but his human body might take a week or so before it's ready for action."

Sarah's' eyes widen as water filled them, "I would've killed him..."

"You're not to blame, you wouldn't have known, you did everything that you were supposed to do in that instance. My daughter just has a keen nose."

His comment made me blush the lightest shade of red. I said my goodbyes before making my way back to our cottage. From the outside it didn't look like much. A two story cottage, with two bedrooms, and one bath. It's perfect for us. I smiled when I saw mother in the livingroom knitting a scarf as she awaited fathers return. Maybe a more detailed description of the house.