Chapter 3

Moonlight Walkers

Clays' wolf growled, 'Not right now. We have shit we need to do,' he mumbled back to his wolf pushing him far from his thoughts. Clay, however, seemed to be constantly pacing. His warriors were taking shifts between sleeping and standing guard. His trackers were trying to figure out where he was hiding or at least staying. He was waiting for one of Matthews warriors to report back any findings, if they have any.

"Alpha Clay, it's Lucy with Richard and Jerry," She said introducing everyone quickly, "We searched around the territory and followed his scent to a shed -"

"A run-down shed?"

Yes, there was a bunker underneath the building," She finished.

"Bunker?" Clay asked stunned, he didn't recall Milo mentioning a bunker of any sort.

"Sir?" Milo asked stepping outside.

"Was there a bunker underneath the shed when you searched it?"

"No? We didn't find anything like that."

"If you remember the door that was hanging by a couple nails? Jerry accidentally ran into it," Lucy replied, giving Jerry a stern look, "When he bumped into it, it didn't break off - it's designed to look like it's completely rotten out, throws you off - but it actually opened another door that led underneath to a bunker. As we adventured down the steps we were stopped. The door at the bottom of the staircase was locked by a passcode. We've already reported it to Matthew."

"Were you able to tell if he was there recently?"

"Yes," She nodded, "His scent was strongest in the bunker. We believe that is were he is staying."

"We should go see Matthew, Lucy?"

She nodded once more before they started their way back towards the pack center when Clay's wolf started to growl again. 'Shut up! We have things we need to do. What the hell is going on with you?" He growled back, 'Mate,' His wolf purred.

Clay nearly stopped in his tracks hearing that word. A word he didn't think he would ever hear for years! His mate? He hasn't really been thinking about finding his mate or the possibility in general. He took the time thinking about her. Would she have an amazing smile? A laugh that lights up the room? Eyes that always sparkle in any lighting? He was drowning in all the possibilities.

They were walking past a cottage house, about two stories, it was barely lit as it was tucked into the tree line. His wolf was whining to go see her, clawing at him, but he pushed him back. 'Not yet, we have to deal with the situation at hand,' He snarled, his wolf whimpering in defeat.

"Alpha Matthew," Lucy begun, "Alpha Clay would like to speak to you."

"I believe we need to gather some more warriors and physically check out the bunker."

"I agree, we will head out tonight. Lucy get the others."

"Lucas do the same."

They decided that Matthew would lead with his members with Clay trailing them. The remaining of the members would be trailing them from a slight distance.

Shifting into their wolves before running deep into the forest. Matthew growling once he picked up on Darrels scent. Slowing their pace, Matthew waiting for the others to get into place, Clay nodding as he looked at Matthew. He wasn't exactly sure how they were going to open the locked door, but Matthew had a plan. Well, that's what he told Clay.

As they got into eyeshot of the shed the door that was once hanging by a couple of nails was now missing. Standing in front of the shed was none other than fucking Darrel. Clay ran next to Matthew as they both went into attack mode. A deadly growl came from Clay.