Chapter 14

Enlights

The world exploded around Axel, as lighting and thunder lit up the sky, the rain pouring around him. He felt frozen as he stared into the darkness where she once was. Every being in him told him to run after her, his lycan was scratching at the surface, practically begging him to do so. He sighed, suddenly frustrated with everything. No matter how desperately he wanted to go after her there was something holding him back.

He groaned, shaking his head, he had to get home.

The sound of water hitting the ground was refreshing for once, as he walked through his front door. Surprisingly, Caleb was nowhere to be seen, Axel was sure he would be here waiting to interrogate him about Bree.

He climbed the stairs, dragging his feet as he pushed his bedroom door open, not even changing clothes as he let his bed engulfed him into slumber.

The next morning passed by in a blur, he kept Caleb busy so he wouldn't have to answer any of his questions. He knew he couldn't keep doing that but for now, he would. When he glanced out the window the sun was setting which means Bree would be at the waterfall anytime now. Axel chewed on his bottom lip, contemplating if he should stay home today, he laughed.

"Jenn, I'm going to get some fresh air, I'll be back by sunrise." He didn't wait for her to respond as he ran to the waterfall, his lycan going as fast as he could. Only slowing down as it came into view.

Bree was there. Waiting for him.

"Axel!" She smiled brightly, giving him a small wave.

He was about shift when the atmosphere changed. Brees eyes flashed red as she shifted into her lycan and jumped over him. What? He turned around to see what the hell was going on. Bree was on top of another lycan, snarling as the lycan underneath her eyes filled with fear.His mind was so caught up on seeing Bree he didn't even notice someone was following him.

"Jessica?" Axel said in disbelief. Of course she would have followed him. Axel was pissed, no matter how many times he tells her and or even threatens her! She still doesn't get it.

Bree didn't budge. Was she trying to protect him? Not that he needed it, but she didn't even hesitate on attacking Jessica.

He was kind of torn on if he should allow her to rip her head off or tell Bree to let her go.

"Why are you just standing there?" Jessica's voice was shaking, "Get her off me!"

Axel remained silent. He was enjoying this moment a little too much.

"Baby -" Jessica started to whine only to get cut off by Bree growling, as she leaned closer to her.

"You call him baby one more fucking time and I will rip your fucking throat out." Bree snarled, digging her claws into her, as her red eyes narrowed to a deadly slit.

Hm, maybe that will get her to leave him alone? He wondered.

She nodded her head quickly. Bree stared at her for a few more seconds before finally getting off her.

"Leave." Bree demanded, her dangerously cold eyes never left Jessica.

They both watched as she ran away, waiting until they couldn't hear her anymore before speaking.

"Guess we might have to find a new spot, huh?" Axel chuckled, smiling at Bree.

Bree bit her bottom lip, "I, uhm, I'm actually leaving tomorrow night."

Axels smile fell, his heart started to race, as the fear crept over him. This was not what was supposed to happen. No. Why would she leave? She's safe here. He can protect her here.

"Axel," She whispered, "I also brought back your shirt."

Axel stared at her outstretched hand. He couldn't believe this was happening to him. He had lost Her once before and he gave up. He gave up! Then she comes into his life and is just leaving. What about that fucking kiss they shared? Did that mean nothing to her?!

He clenched his hands as his anger got the best of him before he could stop himself his lycan took over and everything went black.