Chapter 5

Credence

My alarm blasted through my room bolting me from my slumber. I groaned rolling over to turn it off. I jumped out of bed as I took one of my fast showers. Shifting into my wolf I took my time to get to the training grounds. Everyone was already here and ready. I glanced over to the right watching the basic training take place. I watched for a few more minutes as they were pairing everyone up before our mentor appeared. He mind linked us our tasks watching as we got into our spots then barking for us to start.

Training went by in a blur as I rushed back towards the cottage. Mother yelling at me about something as my legs gracefully ascended the stairs before shifting back as I entered my bedroom. Only screaming when my eyes landed on Clay.

"Dude what the actual fuck!" I shouted grabbing the closest thing to cover myself. He let out a chuckle as he continued to smirk. I glared at him. I'm pretty sure he just saw me completely naked.

"I was just seeing if you are ready for our date," His eyes traveling the length of my body before reaching my eyes.

I scowled at him, mentally cursing myself for not listening to my mother, as I walked to my closet. His smirk only grew as he turned the other way. Like that was good enough. Glaring at him one last time I enclosed myself in my closet. I decided on wearing one of my new outfits. It was extremely cute, however, I did just come back from training and as much as I hate to admit it. I smelled. I open the door slightly, peeking out only to smile seeing him still in the same position. I held my clothes to my chest after slipping on a robe before stepping out.

"I just need to shower and then I'm all yours," I replied, shifting nervously between my feet. He turned around with that same stupid smirk on his face.

"All mine, aye?"

I blushed, I really should have worded that better, as I made my way into the bathroom. I swear this stupid mate bond is going to be the death of me. 'Isn't he purrfect,' my wolf gushed. I rolled my eyes at her turning the shower on. As I waited for the water to warm up I laid my clothes on the countertop staring at my reflection in the mirror.

I wasn't tall by all means, but I liked my height at 5' 5". My dark brown hair almost looked black in certain lighting, my green eyes seemed abnormally bright, but it suited my complection. I still have some of my baby fat, but I think it makes my curves more prominent.

I smiled at myself before stepping into the shower. Sighing when the warmth caresses my body. I scrubbed my body only finishing when the conditioner washes down the drain. As I turned off the shower my ears twitch. I could hear low voices in the hallway. I walked quietly towards the door wrapping a towel around my body. I press my ear against the door breathing evenly as I focused on the conversation.

"Alpha Clay?" Someone asked.

"Yes?"

"I have a message for you from Darrel," I could hear Clay growl almost making me leave my current position.

"Spit it out," He snarled.

"He says, 'Clay, my dear, dear child. We didn't meet in the way I was hoping. I was wishing for a more semi-formal meet, however, you left me no choice. I'll leave you and your pack - including the Credence pack alone - once I get what's mine. You have three days to figure out who it is and eight days to reunite us,'" The guy stopped.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know who he is looking for?" Clay cursed.

"If you fail someone close to you will pay the price for your failure. Just like your parents. I'll be watching you." The guy finished, earning a murderous growl from Clay.