Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Enlights

"Y- you can't do this! I'm innocent!" His pleading voice echoed through the room.

Axel kept his expression emotionless as he swung the sword up in the air.

"Please!" He cried out, "I don't know how it happened!"

"Thank you for your time." And with that, he swung it down in seconds as it sliced straight through his neck.

He couldn't believe the news he was just hearing. If his father was on the other side of that sword he would've been dead long before then. His father was ruthless. He wanted to be better than his father and in some ways he was, but his temper always seemed to get the best of him.

"We have new intel that an outsider has managed to make its way through." Caleb stated, "Also, Jessica wants to see you."

Axel groaned as her name entered his ears. That woman was nothing but a nuisance. She had this idiotic belief that she belonged to him - which she clearly doesn't.

"What does she want?"

"Everyone knows what she wants," Caleb smirked.

Not evening bothering to respond back to him he took his time to get back to his house. He didn't want to say or even admit it but he truly didn't like Jessica fucking St. Claire.

"Axel!" Jessica gleamed batting her fake eyelashes.

"It's King," He inwardly groaned.

She huffed, "But bab-"

"Don't you ever call me that," His words cut into her like a knife. His eyes darken as he continues to stare her down. His lycan was beginning to surface. His eyes didn't leave her until she vanished through the door.

"Caleb I'll be back."

As the forest came closer into view he felt a smile tug at his lips. A run is definitely what he needed. He felt his lycan coming over him as he doubled down to the ground allowing him to take over. Taking a deep mental breath he let Xavier have control.

This was one of his favorite things to do. It allowed him not only peace and quiet but it gave him the perfect opportunity to think. Now the question was how to get rid of Jessica? That crazy woman has had a thing for him ever since...

"I miss y-" His nose twitched as a new smell crashed into him feeling a sharp pain in his chest. He felt his lycan growl as he started following the scent. Axel pushed him back aggressively gaining control as he finally fixated on the scent.

"Lilacs?" Axel questioned, "Th - that can't be - no." He shook his head as he squeezed his eyelids shut. He was just imagining it - like always, but the way it was tugging at him made him question even himself.

Axel took a sharp turn around a tree making his way back to his house. The scent following him every step of the way.

"Master Axel!" Jenn yelled as he neared the house, "Maxwell St. Claire will be here in five minutes."

Axel nodded shifting out of his lycan. Jenn blushed a light shade of pink before turning around. Axel climbs the stairs to his house until he reached his bedroom. He threw on his signature black suit. As he finished getting ready Jenn knocked on the door.

"Master, they're waiting in the office."

"They?"

"Yes, Maxwell and his daughter."

"Thank you."

He should've seen this coming. This didn't surprise him one little bit. She couldn't do it herself no matter how hard she tried, but her father. Of course. Her father was one of the Five Judges.