Chapter 7

Credence

I leaned against the door still smiling as I heard Clay walk away. I took a deep breath as I tried getting my emotions under control before I peered into the living room.

"I'm going upstairs!" I called out smiling as they shoved a box on the top shelf.

"Goodnight sweety!" They replied giving me a quick hug.

I skipped my way upstairs taking the left to my bedroom as I did one last skip flopping onto my bed. This day was perfect. I usually just run by myself with the occasional run with my parents, but with Clay it was different. Magical even. I sighed as I changed into my pajamas. I wish I could spend every day with Clay. I pulled the blanket over my head as I snuggled closer to my pillow letting sleep take me over.

I woke up gasping for breath as frantically searched the room, I was here again. The container-like room he kept me in. My gaze fell down my body to see multiple wires coming out of my body.

"September 1876, we have successfully tested the subject with the serum X352," The man stated, walking around the outside of the room

"No!" I let out a scream, "Wake up, wake up!"

"Good, you're awake, how are you feeling?" He asked opening the door. He had brought a notepad with him as his tape recorder was tucked into his pocket.

I stared at him. His rugged face pinched into an ugly expression of fake concern.

"Do you feel anything different?" He asked giving me a look over. He leaned closer to me as if studying my appearance turning on his tape recorder, "The subject seems to be changing, the appearance has altered from before we've captured it -"

"I'm not an it!" I shouted kicking him in the knee only to have it go straight through him, "Fucking dream." I watched as he messed with one of the monitor before walking out of the room as I heard the bolts lock into place for a split second before two men emerged.

"How is the subject doing? Anything happen?" The second man asked. I cocked my head to the side as I stared at the mystery man. I don't remember him.

"Subject is doing very well. The appearance of it has changed, we need it to shift to see if it has affected its wolf as well," The first man responded, "Once we see it's wolf has changed then we can go onward with phase three."

"Let's get started then," The man nodded as the rugged man came into the room. He brought in a needle that looked to be connected to a machine of some sort.

"This might hurt," He mumbled, taking my arm as inserted the needle. He flipped the switch as a surge of electricity came flowing through my body. I fell onto the floor clenching my body. I couldn't stop screaming as the pain only increased. I could feel the hot tears rush down my face.

"Bree! Wake up!" Lola yelled, trying to shake her awake, her body was limp, "John! She's not waking up!"

John raced into her room, causing the door to smash into the wall, "Bree, you have to wake up for us." He mumbled trying to wake her up, "I'm going to get the bucket."

She nodded her head as stayed with Bree. She hadn't had a nightmare in so long. What might have triggered this? It didn't take long before John was back with a bucket of ice cold water. He smiled at Lola before pouring the bucket on Bree.

I sat up breathing rapidly as my reflection stared at me. My eyes were red.

"Remember, in and out, in and out," Mother cooed rubbing my back. My father watched me as I gained control of myself, my eyes finally changing back to its normal color.