Chapter 4

Credence

 Acting as though he had no power over me was almost as painful as a car crash. Not only did his scent make me drool, his voice constantly causing goosebumps over my entire body and when he said my name, oh my gawd, my heart skipped three beats.

I'm not even sure where my balls came from when I told him, "Perhaps". I had said that smirking and continued my way back home. In all honesty, I felt like a complete badass. My wolf felt differently. The moment I got into the house, I ran into the bedroom, squealed and jumped around my room like a little girl.

"I found my mate," I breathed out heavily. I know my father and mother always talked about it and what I should expect, but man, it felt one thousand times better in person. I twirled around smiling like a mad woman when my mother knocked on the door.

"Sweety, everything okay?" She asked, slowly opening the door.

"Yeah," I blushed smiling at the floor.

"Good," She smiled, "How was it at the infirmary?"

"It was crazy, so many had injuries, but nothing there wolf won't be able to heal."

"Any cuties?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Ah, pft, no," I stuttered, trying to play it cool. Pretty sure I nailed it.

"Oh really?" She asked, squinting her eyes at me for a moment, "Did you find your mate?"

I blushed an even brighter shade of red, "Mooom!"

Her mouth dropped open, "My baby girl! Who is he?" She asked jumping onto my bed.

"It's Alpha Clay," I mumbled falling backwards on the bed.

"I'm so happy for you! When will you bring him over?" She asked beaming.

"Mother! We just met. Don't you think we should get to know each other first?"

"Oh, darling, just wait until the mate bond starts to kick in," She sighed dreamily, "The more time you and he are together the more you crave him. It almost becomes painful to be away from each other. His presence becomes your addiction."

"That sounds awful!"

"With him you will always feel safe and protected. He will be able to sense if you are in trouble and you will have a forever bond. His wolf will be hard for him to control. He'll want to mark you to let the others know you're taken. Which is just the start of the mate bond and to comp-"

"Yes, I know the rest," I mumbled, "I just want to go on a date before I let him have me, completely."

"I understand Bree. I love you, I'll support whatever decision you decide," She said wrapping me in her arms, "Goodnight sweety."

"Bree!" John said sitting on the edge of the bed, "The Alphas and warriors are going to be gone this morning and Sarah said she will watch the infirmary so I was thinking we could have a daughter and father day."

I yawned loudly, peering my eyes over at him, "I would love too! Just give me five minutes to get ready."

He nodded giving me a quick kiss on my forehead before leaving me in my room. I guess I'm not going to training today. I skipped around my room putting on a simple outfit of a tee shirt and blue jeans. When I finally reached the last step I saw my mother scowling at my father.

"She has training today! She can't just skip it!"

"I know, but when have we had a father-daughter day? It's been ages." He responded.