Burning the Candle

Okay so I believe Wattpad is fixed! Also, obviously there are couples in this, Y/N and Ruby, Weiss and Amara and Raviera and Isabelle. The second to last couple is going to be in this chapter. LETS DOOOOO THIS!

Third Person POV

We see a glum Ruby resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she's startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she's at.

Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.

She slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white.

Ruby: Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: I don't even know why I asked!

Weiss turns towards Amara.

Weiss: Sweetie! Which one should I pick?

Amara inspects the cloths closely.

Amara: The right one!

Weiss: Thanks!

Weiss gives Amara a peck on the lips as Yang comes in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounces her sister and the table she's moping on again to jump in the air when she drops it on the ground.

Yang: So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going. Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

The girls are interrupted by the sound of doors opening. Raviera and Isabelle come in whilst holding hands.

Raviera: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss: We were thinking about it...

Isabelle: That's pretty cool!

Raviera: You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!

Weiss: What are you two wearing?

Raviera: This.

Raviera holds up a blue tuxedo with a red button-up shirt and blue tie.

Isabelle: I don't think they make clothes for arachnids like me. I was lucky I could get a vest and shirt my size...Soooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?

Weiss: Obviously.

Ruby: I still can't think of a way to change her mind.

Yang: Guys. Trust me; Blake will be at the dance tomorrow.

The Faunus herself is sitting at one of the library tables with a holographic screen in front of her. She is obviously more sleep-deprived than ever, barely focusing on what she's seeing... until a small, bright red light appears on the screen. Moving up and down, Blake's eyes follow it down to her hand, then disappears entirely. She looks behind herself, obviously irritated, but no one walking among the tables is her culprit. Turning back to the computer, she starts typing on the beeping keyboard before the laser dot appears on her hand briefly, prompting her to look around again and still find no one. The red point shows up on the screen, moving around in circles until Blake scowls and pounds her fists on the table. She stands up from her chair and finds the light on the floor, following it blindly through shelves of books until both the dot and its pursuer turn the corner, only for Blake to bump, shocked and shaken out of her more "animal" instincts, into...